MD what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noble fianu

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking at my stats
Major: mathematics and chemistry minor premed
Freshman year:2.6and 2.8
Sophomore : 3.67 and 3.45
Junior : 3.03 and getting into my spring semester
cgpa: 3.15
sgpa: 3.04
Shadowing :420 hours
Volunteer: 300
Volunteer Clinical pharmacist : 200
I haven’t taken the mcat, I’m looking into getting research in undergrad. Should I still be working on getting my gpa up there? And what are my chances of getting into med school.

Members don't see this ad.

Work on increasing your cGPA and sGPA to 3.3 . Then you would have a chance at some DO schools if your MCAT is at least 500.

Reactions: 1 user
Work on increasing your cGPA and sGPA to 3.3 . Then you would have a chance at some DO schools if your MCAT is at least 500.
i had c's in bio 101 and 102 is it a good idea to retake them, do well and take some upper level bio classes like anatomy etc

Members don't see this ad :)
i had c's in bio 101 and 102 is it a good idea to retake them, do well and take some upper level bio classes like anatomy etc

Don’t retake C’s at this stage of the game, assuming those are the only two C’s you’ve received in the sciences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t retake C’s at this stage of the game, assuming those are the only two C’s you’ve received in the sciences.

why do you think its a bad idea not to retake them if i do well my C's are gonna be replaced says my premed advisor

why do you think its a bad idea not to retake them if i do well my C's are gonna be replaced says my premed advisor

They may be replaced at your undergrad institution but ALL grades received for courses taken are required to be submitted when applying MD and DO. It does not apply for GPA calculation.

They may be replaced at your undergrad institution but ALL grades received for courses taken are required to be submitted when applying MD and DO. It does not apply for GPA calculation.

so in other words if i get an A IN BIO 101 and 102 the medical schools will get both C's and A's but will only chose the C's when calculating my gpa?

so in other words if i get an A IN BIO 101 and 102 the medical schools will get both C's and A's but will only chose the C's when calculating my gpa?

All grades earned from all attempts will be used. For example if you take the same course twice and earn an A and C, each grade/attempt will count toward your GPA calculation for med schools. Essentially, grades from the same course are averaged.

Reactions: 1 user