Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

what are some GU consults you call?

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by gooze, 02.24.12.

1. gooze

gooze Removed

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    just wondering what are some of the reasons you need to call urology for in the ER?
  2. RustedFox

RustedFox LOL in NAD S/P FDGB.

Attending Physician
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I'll admit that maybe I call them out of pure ignorance of what to do, but I do call (and get slightly aggravated) when a patient comes in with "my urology widget isn't working". If it's simply blood in the foley, or something that can be fixed with simple irrigation... then great... but above that, I have zero idea.
  3. LastMinEMROLQs

LastMinEMROLQs

penis fracture. and no, they can't get mad about it because its classified as an "urgent" case
  4. dotcb

dotcb ---------

Attending Physician
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    penile, scrotal, and renal trauma, urinary obstruction +/- infection, Fournier's gangrene, scrotal infection, paraphimosis, priapism, torsion...
  5. Apollyon

Apollyon Screw the GST Lifetime Donor

Physician SDN 10+ Year Member
    This brother posted almost the same question in the uro subforum. There, it was inpatient or ED.

As I said there, "From the ED, it's urinary retention (not a consult, for o/p f/u), obstructive stones (again, usually for o/p f/u), and hematuria 2/instrumentation and procedures from earlier in the day."

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal