Other OT-Related Information What are some relevant jobs that might help strengthen an application??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PSUforever91

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am currently waitlisted at a school and am not feeling confident so I am looking to strengthen my application in order to reapply next year. I am currently working as an ABA therapist and have been for the past 3 years, which I think helped my application but not enough. The time has come to look for a new job anyway and I thought, couldn't hurt to find another job relevant to the field that could add another dimension to my application. Any suggestions??

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I am currently waitlisted at a school and am not feeling confident so I am looking to strengthen my application in order to reapply next year. I am currently working as an ABA therapist and have been for the past 3 years, which I think helped my application but not enough. The time has come to look for a new job anyway and I thought, couldn't hurt to find another job relevant to the field that could add another dimension to my application. Any suggestions??
I'd recommend anything that gets you working in a different way with people with disabilities. You could work as a personal aide 1:1 for someone (try care.com or sittercity.com), or find a non-profit in the area that does residential services for adults with disabilities. Their Or, work at a summer camp for kids/adults with disabilities! Even though summer is close, many camps are likely still doing some hiring. In these jobs you'll get to do some personal care, but also some activity planning!