What are the adcoms favorite hairstyles?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
H

HermeytheElf

Anyone know which hairstyle is what the adcoms are looking for? I checked predents.com and did a search, so please don't flame me. My first couple semesters in college were a little rough...I partied alot and didn't care how my hair looked. I can't even begin count the number of times I went to class with bedhead. Now I've gotten it together and I'm back on track, but I'm worried about my chances. What can I do to show the adcoms that I've turned things around and I really do care about having dentist hair? Right now I'm thinking perm because honestly, when was the last time you went to a dentist with a perm and thought "Oh this guy doesn't know what he's doing"?...That's what I thought.

P.S. I love you biocmp.

Members don't see this ad.

HermeytheElf said:
Anyone know which hairstyle is what the adcoms are looking for? I checked predents.com and did a search, so don't flame me. My first couple semesters in college were a little rough...I partied alot and didn't care how my hair looked. I can't even begin count the number of times I went to class with bedhead. But now I've gotten it together and I'm back on track. What can I do to show the adcoms that I've turned things around and I really do care about my hair looking like a dentists? Right now I'm thinking perm because honestly, when was the last time you went to a dentist with a perm and thought "Oh this guy doesn't know what he's doing". That's what I thought.

P.S. I love you biocmp.

:laugh: lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear that the mid-western schools love to see brightly colored mo-hawks (on girls)... and the occassional liberty spikes.

I would like to answer your question, with another question. Are we talking about pubic or underarm hair?

tinman831 said:
Why not talk about every kind? That way this thread can cover every question that can be asked about the topic?

I would have to say Bald. Just bic your hair, and now matter what time they call you up for your interview your ready. No bed head. Besides its always nice to when a dentist has the lights glairing off of their head and blinding their patient, so they dont know what to expect next.

i was actually thinking of going with the fake comb-over. i'm not balding on top, but i think if i shave a nice round spot and then comb the rest of my hair over it then it'll make me look older and thus more mature. besides, i hear the ladies like it.

maksidaa said:
i was actually thinking of going with the fake comb-over. i'm not balding on top, but i think if i shave a nice round spot and then comb the rest of my hair over it then it'll make me look older and thus more mature. besides, i hear the ladies like it.

That is the best Idea yet, i would do it my self but have very thick hair and it wouldn't comb over just make a wave of black hair.

I probaly end up doing the lazer lines on the side with something clever shaved in the back like "pimp" or "bad ass".

HermeytheElf said:
Anyone know which hairstyle is what the adcoms are looking for? I checked predents.com and did a search, so please don't flame me. My first couple semesters in college were a little rough...I partied alot and didn't care how my hair looked. I can't even begin count the number of times I went to class with bedhead. Now I've gotten it together and I'm back on track, but I'm worried about my chances. What can I do to show the adcoms that I've turned things around and I really do care about having dentist hair Right now I'm thinking perm because honestly, when was the last time you went to a dentist with a perm and thought "Oh this guy doesn't know what he's doing". That's what I thought.

P.S. I love you biocmp.

Shave your head. The prison look always goes well with Adcoms.

Members don't see this ad :)
just look and dress like K-Fed. You should be IN with that, or just use the vanilla ice look. i heard they love white trash looking people.

I heard you earn extra points if you can bust a freestyle too.

Warbucks said:
just look and dress like K-Fed. You should be IN with that, or just use the vanilla ice look. i heard they love white trash looking people.

Gots to sport the Cornrows. aight :horns:

I'm surprised that noone has brought up pigtails yet. There is nothing more professional than a dentist(male or female) with shoulder length pigtails.

no matter who you are, and out of complete respect for this thread, comb-over. If your are balding or not, this is the best choice.

Thats a pubic combover right?

Maturity in this thread has reached an all time high with that last post. And to think that they're going to let (most of) us near people's mouths with pointy objects and high speed drills...

First of all, this thread is hilarious. And secondly I am amazed that my harmless w00t thread under DAT discussions was shut down far before this masterpiece.

OSUDDS said:
Thats a pubic combover right?

so, are you saying a pubic comb-over that covers the bald spot on your head?! genius!! now i just gotta grow it all out long enuf.

maksidaa said:
so, are you saying a pubic comb-over that covers the bald spot on your head?! genius!! now i just gotta grow it all out long enuf.

:laugh:

lifeisgood said:
First of all, this thread is hilarious. And secondly I am amazed that my harmless w00t thread under DAT discussions was shut down far before this masterpiece.

i was kinda bummed out the w00t thread shut down too. i was actually in the middle of typing a response and it said thread closed. :laugh:

I just got off the phone from calling all of the adcoms at the schools I am applying to and they assured me that this is their favorite hairstyle!!!!

All the adcoms that I talked to said that this is a guaranteed acceptance on the spot - all you gotta do is show up.

The thing that is most important to note here is the presence of the seven spikes as opposed to last year's acceptance on the spot hairdo (eight spikes with red tips). Some people are saying on SDN that they don't want to do white tips this year but I say that is getting pretty risky with your application. I mean, if you don't have white tips on your mohawk - why are you even applying to dental school? You might as well withdraw your application right now!!

Lets just say a little bird told me to remember this: It never hurts to have your DAT score shaved into the side of your head...

mohawk.jpg

I'm going to have to disagree with all of you. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!

The way to go is to buzz in the answers to the most common questions from interviews into your hair. "Why do you want to be a dentist?" Then you just turn to the side, and baaam, right there on the left side of your head is the answer. This saves time and shows that you've come well prepared.

The hairier you are, the more likely you are to be accepted, as you'll have eloquent answers that are long and show thought. All body hair counts, so plan on wearing a speedo underneath, just in case.

Don't get carried away, though. If they ask "do you have any questions for us?" it's usually best to have those responses on a body part that would be shown in movies kids under 13 could see without their parents.

aranjuez

P.S. That's gnarly... w00t w00t.

aranjuez said:
I'm going to have to disagree with all of you. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!

The way to go is to buzz in the answers to the most common questions from interviews into your hair. "Why do you want to be a dentist?" Then you just turn to the side, and baaam, right there on the left side of your head is the answer. This saves time and shows that you've come well prepared.

The hairier you are, the more likely you are to be accepted, as you'll have eloquent answers that are long and show thought. All body hair counts, so plan on wearing a speedo underneath, just in case.

Don't get carried away, though. If they ask "do you have any questions for us?" it's usually best to have those responses on a body part that would be shown in movies kids under 13 could see without their parents.

aranjuez

If you are suggesting something like this, you are seriously mistaken!!!! Good luck with your application, but if you are serious about dentistry at all - I suggest you think again and take my suggestion!

Shaved%20head%20writing%202.JPG

I would like to elaborate a little bit more here... One adcom (he made me promise not to say who it was) said that he couldn't guarantee an acceptance with the seven spike mohawk like the other ones, but with a few dreads and a little goatee you just might be able to make it onto the waitlist...

If you are male, I heard that it is mandatory that you have your graying chest hair poking through the top of your scrub top. :)

aranjuez said:

aranjuez

P.S. That's gnarly... w00t w00t.[/QUOTE]

YES!