What are the chances I will have to reapply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoadude

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upon some significant calculations, I'd put your chance of reapplication somewhere at orbelow 100% and somewhere at or above 0%.

Realistically, no one can know. It's a waiting game, but good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
There's really no way to answer this in any meaningful way. All you can do now is wait and see.
Yeah, unfortunately that seems to be the case. A poor interviewer (which it's hard to figure out if you are one) could get tons and interviews and get rejected everywhere, and vice versa. It was worth a shot though!

Did you apply DO? Also, average matriculated LizzyM score last year was 68.3, so you're definitely not below average.

Did you apply DO? Also, average matriculated LizzyM score last year was 68.3, so you're definitely not below average.
No, but I did only apply to schools with LizzyM's 71 or lower, with the majority 68-70 I believe.

We're in very similar positions down to number of interviews, rejections, etc. It's really interesting to read this post, because I feel completely differently about our circumstances. Having 3 interview invites feels great! Getting "small pool" emails feels great! This time last year, I had one interview that didn't really go well, holds, rejections, and silence.

While it's good to have a plan for if things go wrong, it feels too early to assume anything. I feel optimistic for us both though:)

Come back in March and ask this question.

I currently have 3 interviews, 2 rejection, 2 small-pool-ish things, and silence from 16 others. At the places where I have heard nothing, I have been complete for ~2 months or longer, which does not seem encouraging. I am a non-URM with a balanced LizzyM of around 70, so average or slightly below average. Also, one of my interviews was automatic and from my state school, so I have really only received 2 interviews after close evaluation. I know it is hard to evaluate something like this but I would appreciate any input! I am trying to figure out whether I need to start taking steps towards making my app stronger for next year.

Reactions: 1 users
make the interviews count, don't bomb them. even if you don't get accepted theres still a good chance youll be waitlisted, which presents further opportunity for acceptance later down the road. the fact that you have 3 interviews so far is good stuff.... don't already start thinking about REAPPLYING.

We're in very similar positions down to number of interviews, rejections, etc. It's really interesting to read this post, because I feel completely differently about our circumstances. Having 3 interview invites feels great! Getting "small pool" emails feels great! This time last year, I had one interview that didn't really go well, holds, rejections, and silence.

While it's good to have a plan for if things go wrong, it feels too early to assume anything. I feel optimistic for us both though:)

make the interviews count, don't bomb them. even if you don't get accepted theres still a good chance youll be waitlisted, which presents further opportunity for acceptance later down the road. the fact that you have 3 interviews so far is good stuff.... don't already start thinking about REAPPLYING.

Well, that's encouraging to hear. Thanks for the input!