What are the chances of getting an interview if put on hold?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Forssmann

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the chances of getting an interview if put on hold?

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same question. Like let's say at Oakland University of William Beaumont i.e universities that give a lot of rejections along with the holds.

I think around 9.7667%

Honestly, I don't think anyone will be able to answer this because it really depends on the school, the particular application cycle, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Depending on the school you might be able to find aggregate data on it, e.g. they typically pull X% of applicants on hold for interview. Or, you might not be able to find any information on that. No one can answer your question.

I'm pretty sure it's entirely school dependent. I've gotten pretty lucky with my holds so far... For example, I got placed on hold at GW, got an interview invite a few days later, and got accepted last week. I got placed on CCLCM and got an interview invite the next month. But I know a lot of schools where "hold" is not a very positive thing and not many people get invites after getting placed on hold. It really depends.