What are the NBMEs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tartrate

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the NBMEs. What are they exactly? Questions from the real Step 1 in the past, sample questions produced by creators of Step 1, or something unrelated? If they are prior questions, about how old are they?

There are two curiosities, one is that if it's from the real Step 1 people, why is the interface (purportedly, I have not taken the exam yet) so different from the real exam? It seems that even UWorld gives a more accurate interface from what people say. Next is, if they are prior questions, what do people mean when they say the "real" test has much longer question stems? Why don't these questions reflect that?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question about the NBMEs. What are they exactly? Questions from the real Step 1 in the past, sample questions produced by creators of Step 1, or something unrelated? If they are prior questions, about how old are they?

There are two curiosities, one is that if it's from the real Step 1 people, why is the interface (purportedly, I have not taken the exam yet) so different from the real exam? It seems that even UWorld gives a more accurate interface from what people say. Next is, if they are prior questions, what do people mean when they say the "real" test has much longer question stems? Why don't these questions reflect that?

They're real questions from past Step 1 exams that have been retired.

Insofar as the rest, no idea.