What are you getting your WAGs for X-mas/Hanukkah/Festivus/etc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RustedFox

The mouse police never sleeps.
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't post if you're going to get out-ed.

I'm hoping that someone says something that kicks off some free-association engram in my brain that gives me an awesome idea.

Mrs. Fox doesn't read the forum (I'm 90 +/- 5% sure - I'm taking a calculated risk), so I'll say that she's getting some memorabilia from a recent travel experience as one of her gifts.

We have no kits, so there's none of that.

"WAGs" = wives and girlfriends, as appropriate... for those who didn't know.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
96f3efcc-8773-48b2-8cc7-5d70c61a483a.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
You mentioned she’s into chefs, right? Does she buy herself all of their cookbooks? Cooking classes?

Got mine the Aviary and Dead Rabbit cocktail books.

His birthday is in January and I want to get him a monthly massage membership.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Apple watch for the Mrs.

For anyone who is into cooking, a sous vide is a game changer.

Reactions: 1 user
A new set of drill bits that I got a great deal on ($20 for $80 bits) and a new set of gear wrenches. He mechanics as a hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anova. They are really all pretty similar, i think. Bluetooth and all that not necessary

A big bucket is important though

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an Instant Pot for Prime Day, and I love it. The sous vide thing seems weird - and we love to cook. (Not that I've tried it, but...)
I hinted to DH that we needed new pillowcases. He mentioned floor mats for his SUV. Christmas isn't a big thing for us, and he overdid our anniversary, so we're low-keying it this year.

If your other half is into premium coffee, then perhaps a breville infuser or delonghi magnifica espresso maker might make her happy. Double win if you you’re into that.

Which noise-cancelling headphones do you guys recommend? Bose? Beats? Skullcandy?

Don't post if you're going to get out-ed.

I'm hoping that someone says something that kicks off some free-association engram in my brain that gives me an awesome idea.

Mrs. Fox doesn't read the forum (I'm 90 +/- 5% sure - I'm taking a calculated risk), so I'll say that she's getting some memorabilia from a recent travel experience as one of her gifts.

We have no kits, so there's none of that.

"WAGs" = wives and girlfriends, as appropriate... for those who didn't know.

Shouldn’t it be WOG??? If you have both, that seems....expensive.....

Reactions: 7 users
Yeah, ditto on the jackets. Can’t go wrong with a Burberry trench coat. (made in England, not China)

Another thing to consider for the foodie types - aged balsamic vinegar. I’m talking about the real stuff, not the cheapo bottles at your local grocery store (which are fine for everyday use).

Look for the word traditional specifically. Usually in Italian, it says acetico balsamico tradizionale. You’ll either find this on eBay/amazon or a traditional Italian grocery store. It’s barrel aged for at least 10 years by law.

Reactions: 1 users