What are your feelings about presidential candidate Dr. Ron Paul?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

witioni

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw on another forum that posting about Ron Paul will make me look naive... but I've recently been following some of his debates and he seems like a good man to me... So I would like to see what negatives people have to say about him because a lot of his ideas for health care reform seem... refreshing. So far, I cannot say anything in good regards for a single other candidate in reference to health care because not a single candidate has seemed to come forward with either clear or innovative ideas.

Here are two of his articles about health care in America and the plight of doctors and patients...

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/262/lowering-the-cost-of-health-care/

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/261/diagnosing-our-health-care-woes/

I'm sure this has popped up on other threads but I'm curious and would like to see what will happen. Personally, my girlfriend's father, a urologist, just came home complaining that medicare is going to be cut by 10% next year (which will hurt both doctors and patients).... He's not a man for theatrics, but he seemed very shaken and this situation seems to be only getting worse...

Members don't see this ad.

Lets see:
He's a physician.
He refused to accept Medicare payments (worked out other means with pts)
He wants to end the Federal tax deductions given to corporations which tie together Health Insurance and employment.
He served in the Air Force for 5 years.
He's never voted in 10 terms of congress to raise taxes.
He's never voted to increase congressional salaries.
He's never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He VOTED AGAINST the invasion of Iraq.
He wants the American military out of the 130 countries we currently occupy.
He receives more money from the military than any other candidate.
He wants to end several federal programs and allow states to govern and spend their tax money themselves.
He wants to end the federal income tax and the IRS.
He wants to end the inflation created by the Federal Reserve.

A politician who follows the Constitution and has the integrity earned by a flawless voting record in 10 terms of Congress? I never thought I would see such a good candidate in my lifetime. If you don't know, I recommend you Google Ron Paul and learn more.

Well, I've looked him over extensively and I see many positives about his stances. He comes across as very thoughtful and intelligent in every interview I've seen him in so far. What strikes me most is his unwavering honesty. I've never been so inspired to be involved in politics before, but watching him makes me want to do more. I do disagree with his stance on abortion though... but there is no such thing as a perfect candidate and we should be wary if there ever were such a person to appear!

What I don't understand is why more anti-war supporters do not work together to elect Ron Paul as the next presidential Republican candidate. It only seems to make sense that if both presidential candidates, republican and democrat, were for a peace platform, we would have an end to the situation in Iraq. Surely there must be enough democrats who could switch and tip the republican nomination in favor of him!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I've looked him over extensively and I see many positives about his stances. He comes across as very thoughtful and intelligent in every interview I've seen him in so far. What strikes me most is his unwavering honesty. I've never been so inspired to be involved in politics before, but watching him makes me want to do more. I do disagree with his stance on abortion though... but there is no such thing as a perfect candidate and we should be wary if there ever were such a person to appear!

What I don't understand is why more anti-war supporters do not work together to elect Ron Paul as the next presidential Republican candidate. It only seems to make sense that if both presidential candidates, republican and democrat, were for a peace platform, we would have an end to the situation in Iraq. Surely there must be enough democrats who could switch and tip the republican nomination in favor of him!

Well I have seen a few bumper stickers on the back of cars lately.

Ron Paul is a good speaker. I don't agree with him on everything - but the guy is still cool to listen too - he's upfront and he either makes people get mad or they cheer him.

He seems to be the only one brave enough to admit we have a serious financial/budget problem in our country - but I'm not so sure going back on the gold standard is the way to go.

As is the problem with most libertarians conservatives will agree with them up to a point and liberals like just a few of their policy stances. Most conservatives like the balanced budget, less government, no taxes approach but bail out at the no roads, fire departments etc. With Ron Paul he will lose all the conservatives with his isolationism. The central tenent of that isolationism would be his Iraq pull out. The liberals love the anti war stance (which as mentioned isn't really anti war or pro peace it's just isolationist. But the liberals will bail out on the tax policy. If you don't tax and spend via a big government you can't redistribute wealth to non-producers. That's 180 degress away from modern liberalism aka, progressivism.

So since he'll never be able to attract enough votes to be anything but a sideline who will his candidacy hurt more? He'll pull in more conservatives than liberals because libertarianism is palatable to conservatives on more issues. The only liberals he'll get are some anti war types. His run will hurt the Republican nominee more. The irony is that all the conservatives who vote for him will actually be voting for Hillary.

As is the problem with most libertarians conservatives will agree with them up to a point and liberals like just a few of their policy stances. Most conservatives like the balanced budget, less government, no taxes approach but bail out at the no roads, fire departments etc. With Ron Paul he will lose all the conservatives with his isolationism. The central tenent of that isolationism would be his Iraq pull out. The liberals love the anti war stance (which as mentioned isn't really anti war or pro peace it's just isolationist. But the liberals will bail out on the tax policy. If you don't tax and spend via a big government you can't redistribute wealth to non-producers. That's 180 degress away from modern liberalism aka, progressivism.

So since he'll never be able to attract enough votes to be anything but a sideline who will his candidacy hurt more? He'll pull in more conservatives than liberals because libertarianism is palatable to conservatives on more issues. The only liberals he'll get are some anti war types. His run will hurt the Republican nominee more. The irony is that all the conservatives who vote for him will actually be voting for Hillary.

That's the sort of argument that makes everyone continue to vote for the same boneheads as before. Knocking out Hillary with Guliani or Romney is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I don't care if we knock out someone with whom I disagree on everything in order to replace her with one of two people with which I also disagree on everything. Some of us are genuinely fond of a libertarian approach. Ron Paul isn't isolationist, he's more non-interventionalist. I actually agree for the most part with that position. I think a failure to vote for candidates that reflect our positions is what has slowly led minority voices to be silenced. Will it matter? I don't know, but I take some pleasure knowing that the fact that I've been ignored for so long will lead someone to lost the election. They might atleast pretend to pay attention the next time.

I don't know, but I take some pleasure knowing that the fact that I've been ignored for so long will lead someone to lost the election. They might atleast pretend to pay attention the next time.
But it won't. Did you feel that Bob Dole or GW Bush were more in line with your ideals after the loss of libertarian votes helped put Clinton I in office?

I too would like to see some libertarian idea come to fruition. Abolition of the IRS and the Dept. of Education, decrease in the size and scope of the federal govt., elimination of entitlements, etc. I know that we're actually headed the other way, toward a highly socialized, cradle to grave mommy state. So my secondary goal is to try to raise my family as well as I can while Rome burns. If Ron Paul takes votes away from an already underdog Republican candidate it will assure us an ascension by Hillary and with that we'll see the elimination of the social security cap, confiscatory taxes applied to anyone making over $150K/yr and an even more entrenched death tax. These will be my prime years to save for my children's college. With Dems in the White House it looks like it'll be community college.

But it won't. Did you feel that Bob Dole or GW Bush were more in line with your ideals after the loss of libertarian votes helped put Clinton I in office?

I too would like to see some libertarian idea come to fruition. Abolition of the IRS and the Dept. of Education, decrease in the size and scope of the federal govt., elimination of entitlements, etc. I know that we're actually headed the other way, toward a highly socialized, cradle to grave mommy state. So my secondary goal is to try to raise my family as well as I can while Rome burns. If Ron Paul takes votes away from an already underdog Republican candidate it will assure us an ascension by Hillary and with that we'll see the elimination of the social security cap, confiscatory taxes applied to anyone making over $150K/yr and an even more entrenched death tax. These will be my prime years to save for my children's college. With Dems in the White House it looks like it'll be community college.

Atleast you're making some money now. I'm just borrowing it. I've got a son and a wife pregnant with multiples.

You are very right about the direction everything is heading. It might not work. I'm generally pretty cynical as well. However, I'm atleast willing to put myself behind anyone who wants to take things the other direction. I'll vote for the right person. If everyone else disagrees, then I'll lose. I won't however be caught responsible when it really hits the fan.

Sorry, I have yet to disagree with him on any topic.. he looks so far the perfect candidate.. too bad he wont win but I will vote for him.

I'm still baffled by how unresponsive our process is. The internet is truly amazing in it's ability to advertise candidates who would otherwise have no ability to do so... with that said, it's up to the people, once presented with a reason to move, to act upon it. If you truly believe in the man, why not spread the word and convince others instead of resigning yourself to hopeless apathy! Businesses will agree that word of mouth is still the most effective form of marketing. Though I'm realistic and believe the only true way to bring around others is by gaining televised coverage and showing the nation a possibility for election does exist, I think the campaign realizes this as well. Which is why they are organizing another single day fund raising event on Dec 16th (the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party) to push Ron Paul's name into the national media limelight again. He already made a tremendous wave when he raised $4 million in one day on Nov 5th. What would it say if an underdog candidate won the nomination.... what a resonating note that would make in history!

Sorry, I have yet to disagree with him on any topic.. he looks so far the perfect candidate.. too bad he wont win but I will vote for him.

Make sure to vote for him in the primaries!

He's gaining recognition. I think he is polling around 8% in New Hampshire already. And one of his supporters just paid for a full page advertisement in USA Today, which is pretty amazing. I wish he would get some celebrities behind him, though (besides the John Mayer/Apple Guy drunken argument which was hilarious). I'm trying my best to tell people about him, without being one of those totally in-your-face Paul fanatics. I understand he is not for everyone, but I inform those who express an interest and willingness to listen. It really is sad to see how many medical students (we're supposed to be educated people, right?) are completely apathetic when it comes to politics. I bet a lot of them won't even vote. :thumbdown:

It really is sad to see how many medical students (we're supposed to be educated people, right?) are completely apathetic when it comes to politics. I bet a lot of them won't even vote. :thumbdown:
Given the leftist bent of so many medical students I'm very glad when they don't vote.

http://digg.com/elections/

Ron Paul wins :D

It's interesting between the huge difference in national % and online. Last I saw he was at 2% national, but still dominates online polls.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's interesting between the huge difference in national % and online. Last I saw he was at 2% national, but still dominates online polls.

I have been told that national polls take a sample from registered Republicans. This is a problem for Paul because his supporters come from a very diverse crowd not being represented in the polls. I'm guessing his actual support falls somewhere between national and online polls.

MMmmm.. this might be the wrong place to ask this... but being that 2008 will be my first time ever voting (yes that's right put your guns down and go shriek at someone else, I might just skip voting again), I am clueless about when are the primaries in each state and where to go to vote. So anyone with a website listing some important dates? :hijacked:

I have been told that national polls take a sample from registered Republicans. This is a problem for Paul because his supporters come from a very diverse crowd not being represented in the polls. I'm guessing his actual support falls somewhere between national and online polls.

Seems he's getting a little "national" attention now: CNN ranks him at 5% (up from 2%)

It is a sad day when even brothel owners are more inspired by him than the majority of Americans...

I find it interesting how FOX, especially Sean Hannity, likes to attack Ron Paul. I'm sure there are plenty of people supporting the other candidates that are not media friendly to write about but Fox goes out the way to find Ron Paul supporters who are obviously negative attention points. Another thing about FOX I also hate is how they focus on Ron Paul's wanting to dismantle the IRS and return to the gold standard as their criticisms for his domestic policies....

However, he has said he would like to dimantle the IRS, CIA and many other government entities, and for very sound reasons, but that it would be impossible to do these things without overwhelming congressional approval, checks and balances. However, what I take from these statements is that he would limit the power of the federal government by not giving it more control over our localized problems, through the presidential veto. I think most will agree we are mucked in bureaucracy, especially doctors.

Perhaps with the support of a broad spectrum of voters; democrats, republicans, independents.. he could be elected? That would be amazing, no?

It is a sad day when even brothel owners are more inspired by him than the majority of Americans...

I find it interesting how FOX, especially Sean Hannity, likes to attack Ron Paul.

It's FOX, what were you expecting? Fair and unbiased news media? ;)

Ya, at one of the debates, Fox hand-picked the audience. When Ron Paul said that more than 70% of Americans want to get our troops out of Iraq, they BOOED him. Booooooo. Let's just say in Iraq forever.

It looks like that may have been a setup of sorts. http://libertariancommonsense.blogspot.com/2007/11/tucker-carlson-tries-to-set-up-ron-paul.html

Ron Paul is by far the best candidate this year. GO REGISTER REPUBLICAN AND VOTE IN THE PRIMARIES FOR RON PAUL!! I know that I'm a day late and a dollar short on this discussion, but I've had some major tests recently.

Dave - MSI UNSOM
I posted that article more for amusement than anything else. Every candidate will accumulate some whack jobs. One of the Hillster's even took hostages. But throwing out as a rebuttal something called "libertariancommonsense.blogspot?" That's like saying "We know that everything about Hillary is cool because MoveOn.org told us so.

i'm just afraid that a vote for Ron Paul will turn out to be a vote for the Democrats....similar to ---a vote for nader was vote for bush---

what we really need is election reform and something like instant run-off voting

Lets see:
He's a physician.
He refused to accept Medicare payments (worked out other means with pts)
He wants to end the Federal tax deductions given to corporations which tie together Health Insurance and employment.
He served in the Air Force for 5 years.
He's never voted in 10 terms of congress to raise taxes.
He's never voted to increase congressional salaries.
He's never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He VOTED AGAINST the invasion of Iraq.
He wants the American military out of the 130 countries we currently occupy.
He receives more money from the military than any other candidate.
He wants to end several federal programs and allow states to govern and spend their tax money themselves.
He wants to end the federal income tax and the IRS.
He wants to end the inflation created by the Federal Reserve.

A politician who follows the Constitution and has the integrity earned by a flawless voting record in 10 terms of Congress? I never thought I would see such a good candidate in my lifetime. If you don't know, I recommend you Google Ron Paul and learn more.

I was excited for ol' R.P., until I learned from his website that he is an anti-Gay Rights hypocrite. That proves to me that he is merely a Christian Conservative, and I've had enough of them.

My ideal candidate:

* Hates the government
* Supports equal rights for all people, including gays
* Rejects affirmative action, hate crime laws, and all other racist/reverse racist policies
* Wants to eliminate the deficit immediately and reduce the debt over time
* Recognizes that education is far and away the most important pillar of our society
* Supports a strong military and a tough foreign policy, but has enough integrity to force Israel into resolving the Palestine issue, has enough balls to support freedom in the middle east, even if that means insane Islamofascists come to power through elections, is willing to stand up to China and Russia
* Has at least some public speaking ability
* Does not be believe in Creationism
* Wants to secure our borders with armed soldiers, but is willing to grant citizenship to all illegals who are from countries not at war with us, have jobs, and no criminal records
* Recognizes that jailing non-violent drug offenders is literally destroying some of our minority population communities, and releases all non-violent drug offenders to work-release programs immediately
* Supports Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press to such an extreme extent that we once again have to debate 'hate speech' on the airways. **** the current PC state we live in. Let's stay on the dangerous side of free speech - it's (ironically) the only safe place to be
* Trust busts the s*** out of the current economy. Our nation has been taken over by large international corporations who own >50% of their markets. Mainstream media is owned and operated by the few; this is dangerous. I am all for free market policies, with the exception that monopolies and oligopolies be disassembled.
* Has read, understood, and loved Atlas Shrugged
* Yet is a moralist and not afraid to cast that first stone

OK I have to get back to work - THAT WAS FUN!!! :D

My ideal candidate:

* Hates the government

* Trust busts the s*** out of the current economy. Our nation has been taken over by large international corporations who own >50% of their markets. Mainstream media is owned and operated by the few; this is dangerous. I am all for free market policies, with the exception that monopolies and oligopolies be disassembled.

You do understand that these three tenants of your manifesto are contradictory?

You do understand that these three tenants of your manifesto are contradictory?

:laugh: - yes, I do. At least, in some sense they are contradictory.

Hating government should be a requirement to govern, but hating the government to me does not mean that you want anarchy, it means that you think of government as a necessary evil, and not as the solution to all social problems. However, the government IS cut-out to solve some problems, primarily national security, immigration, international trade, etc. In our world of 25-billion dollar businesses, there needs to be a counter-balance to that power - thus the government should trust-bust. This does not mean taxing the hell out of companies, regulating every little thing they do, mandating that they cannot fire workers, that they must higher x-number of minorities, etc. This does mean that they can say, "you own 30% of the market in print, online, cable, and standard television, and you need to be split up." Obviously, there'd have to be an unprecedented amount of transparency in this process or it would just devolve into a system as corrupt and abusive as the current system.

As for loving Atlas Shrugged, I don't mean one needs to take everything Rand says as gospel, more that one recognizes the underlying principles as truth. One flaw of many Randians is that they take true principles and over-generalize from them, and just in general take her views to far, as Rand herself did. For instance, Rand's view of man as hero and her unwavering support of the rights of the individual within a society are spot-on. Her belief that this support can be generalized to multinational corporations - the belief that they should operate as freely as individuals, is malignant.

There are far more nuances than am willing to write about here, and I can't imagine that anyone cares, so I'll leave it at the above and end by saying that at least some of the apparent contradictions of my views are in fact artifacts of perceiving the world in the one-dimensional, left-right spectrum modern American society presents to us. This Democratic vs. Republican dichotomy is overly-simplistic, and dangerous, and is fall-out from our inherently two-party system. Though the founding-fathers did not intend for America to be dominated by two political parties, there's no viable alternative within this constitutionally designed republic. However, that does NOT mean that we have to think in one dimension.

Anyway, back to studying; it's finals week and I should not be online.

Today the Boston Tea Party for Ron Paul is happening!! Donate to him now if you would like to see him make a stir in the political arena!!!

He's definitely got the search volume. Interestingly, compare the news reference graph to the volume graph. He's owning it up online.

wefdmi5.gif

I think we are in the midst of seeing a change in how political statistics should be gathered. I think we are also seeing how "out of touch" our traditional forms of media are with the majority of America...

It might be idealistic and trite to say but personally, I think a silent revolution is underway and you can feel it rippling through the internet. It is exciting to see the numbers he's posting for donations. 6.3 million dollars donated in one day! The average donation was $100.00. It may not be a revolution in the streets but maybe that's an evolution in how society wages these idealistic battles. For the first time in modern day history... a grassroots candidate is contending against the big boys because the people overwhelmingly back his beliefs!

I was excited for ol' R.P., until I learned from his website that he is an anti-Gay Rights hypocrite. That proves to me that he is merely a Christian Conservative, and I've had enough of them.

My ideal candidate:

* Hates the government
* Supports equal rights for all people, including gays
* Rejects affirmative action, hate crime laws, and all other racist/reverse racist policies
* Wants to eliminate the deficit immediately and reduce the debt over time
* Recognizes that education is far and away the most important pillar of our society
* Supports a strong military and a tough foreign policy, but has enough integrity to force Israel into resolving the Palestine issue, has enough balls to support freedom in the middle east, even if that means insane Islamofascists come to power through elections, is willing to stand up to China and Russia
* Has at least some public speaking ability
* Does not be believe in Creationism
* Wants to secure our borders with armed soldiers, but is willing to grant citizenship to all illegals who are from countries not at war with us, have jobs, and no criminal records
* Recognizes that jailing non-violent drug offenders is literally destroying some of our minority population communities, and releases all non-violent drug offenders to work-release programs immediately
* Supports Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press to such an extreme extent that we once again have to debate 'hate speech' on the airways. **** the current PC state we live in. Let's stay on the dangerous side of free speech - it's (ironically) the only safe place to be
* Yet is a moralist and not afraid to cast that first stone

OK I have to get back to work - THAT WAS FUN!!! :D

:sleep: Gosh I get so tired of people who will base their opinion of an entire candidate based on the classic three topics that half the world cant agree on: Gays, Pro-right/Choice, and of course War. Can we just dump those three topics and THEN look at the person? It's like... yeah I got this house... looks great from the outside, got so many rooms, awesome entrance, great windows, fancy ceilings, great price but there is this damn entrance door doesn't work and so I wont buy it. I'm just calling out for people to see things from a general point not on specifics.

i love many of his ideas. That being said he's never ever going to win the nomination. That and, you know, you can't get rid of the federal reserve.

I hadn't heard anything about this, and am a little curious. Do you know of any interviews where he has said this?

Want to see one man take on a nation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mffpkCH-PJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10wwz3vlGf4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI3rNc_Faz0

Watch the whole thing if you have time. This is what a debate is supposed to be like. Brilliant.

If you want to see Ron dismiss claims of him being a racist/bigot.. then here is a clip of him talking on CNN about it. I find it hard to believe he supports racism considering his stance on protecting civil liberties and individual freedoms. You may call me naive but he is more honest than any other candidate since he is willing to be tarred and feathered in a presidential forum in front of a largely hostile crowd for his beliefs. So, I believe him when he says he didn't write it and that he has no idea who did. Or am I wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FwULXnM_E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvzsiESqVss&feature=related

I'm curious, how is believing that the Federal government does not have the enumerated powers to answer the question of gay rights make Dr Paul a hypocrite?

This extra post is to DocB... I believe that most traditional republicans fail to realize the potential for Ron Paul to draw away votes from the democratic base. For the most part, the war issue is going to dominate this upcoming election and as the last election showed, most Americans will vote democrat based solely upon a candidates anti-war stance. So if you want to lose then keep backing a pro-war candidate. Personally, I do not support most of the democrats domestic policies... except in regards to protecting a woman's right to choose.

In a presidential debate, from what I've seen so far, Ron Paul's message of personal responsiblity and his unwavering sincerity will make it hard for even diehard democrats to support Hillary or Obama. I do not accept a, "doesn't look like it'll happen so we might as well not try," stance because as was stated earlier, that is exactly the type of thinking that perpetuates a broken system and protects the status quo.

This extra post is to DocB... I believe that most traditional republicans fail to realize the potential for Ron Paul to draw away votes from the democratic base.
Libertarians have much more in common with Republicans than with Democrats and so will pull more votes from Republicans. However that's not what I worry about in this case. I greatly appreciate Ron Paul's decision to run as a Republican in the primaries rather than as an independent. This way his influence is felt in the selection of the eventual Republican nominee rather than by helping to elect a Democrat. As for Dems voting for Paul it just won't happen. Contemporary Democrats view government as a tool to right wrongs, "even the playing field" and redistribute wealth, all of which are anathma to Libertanianism. Any candidate who pledges to end entitlements, minimum wages and other excesses of government will never get Dem votes. As a side note tho only wing of the Repulican party that seeks to use government of push an agenda rather than trying to get government to leave them alone are the evangelicals.
For the most part, the war issue is going to dominate this upcoming election and as the last election showed, most Americans will vote democrat based solely upon a candidates anti-war stance. So if you want to lose then keep backing a pro-war candidate. Personally, I do not support most of the democrats domestic policies... except in regards to protecting a woman's right to choose.
I don't think the war is going to be the main issue in the election. Barring some big turn for the worse (which the media will be working hard to create) I think that healthcare and the economy, ie. the mortgage debacle, will be the main issues.
In a presidential debate, from what I've seen so far, Ron Paul's message of personal responsiblity and his unwavering sincerity will make it hard for even diehard democrats to support Hillary or Obama.
You're saying that the Democrats, who voted for Clinton twice, care about sincerity? Even if they did they certainly don't care enough about it to cross party lines.
I do not accept a, "doesn't look like it'll happen so we might as well not try," stance because as was stated earlier, that is exactly the type of thinking that perpetuates a broken system and protects the status quo.
As a pragmatist I care more about nominating the most electable candidate on the Republican side. A candidate like Ron Paul can skew that race away from a more electable candidate. For example, just for the sake of argument, lets say that Mitt Romney would be our best bet in the general election. But Ron Paul pulls the whole primary race to the right and Mitt can't compete in that arena (which he can't). So a more conservative candidate like Huckabee gets nominated and he's unable to build a coalition strong enough to beat the Dems then we're screwed.

Just for the record, as an arch conservative, I agree with Ron Paul on much of his domestic agenda. I disagree on his isolationism and on the more extreme tenents of his Libertarianism. I'll even say this: I'd certainly rather see Ron Paul be president than any of the Democrats and most of the other Republicans.

Everyone always complains that the politicians cannot be trusted because they say one thing to one crowd and then another thing to another. Almost everyone does it in this election, Hillary, Obama, Romney, Huckabee, etc..

It is a personal choice, but I am standing for the most inspiring and candid candidate and not just the best electable one. but I guess that is a matter of opinion. However, how can you not want to vote for him when you hear him speak like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mffpkCH-PJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI3rNc_Faz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piUEmriwY3Q

BTW he is not an isolationist and has defended his position as a non-interventionist. He does not want the United States to involve itself in the political affairs of other countries because he feels that our involvement has stimulated unintended consequences. He ENCOURAGES trade and open talk with other countries.

Hey if there is a better reason besides, he's not electable, for me not to like Ron Paul, please point it out. I've already pointed out he is not an isolationist, unless you feel we should be involved in the political affairs of other countries? Is there any other failing to his logic? The abolishing of the Federal Reserve and the return to the Gold Standard, he himself has said would probably not happen but that he would like to see it happen because our current policies are inflating the dollar...

So, what other presidential candidate do you like better?

Current gold price: $895 per troy ounce

Gold was $660 in July.

"Let it not be said that on one cared, that no one objected once it's realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy."

-Congressman Ron Paul
July 10th, 2003

Am I the only one who is disgusted by how all the candidates have only JUST NOW switched their political rhetoric to include what they will do about the economy???

Our DOW just crashed 300 points today. Ron Paul has been speaking about the state our economy since day ONE....

To me their switching topics further shows how much Hillary, Obama, Romney, McCain (so/so), Huckabee (especially so) ... etc. pander to the public sentiment instead of speaking from personal beliefs and ideas. If they really knew what the country needed, they would have spoken of it earlier. Personally, I do not want another president who guesses correctly only in hindsight ....

Two questions for you RON PAUL fans:

1. Just curious - any Ron Paul fans believe there is ANY chance he will win? I do not. Though I like much of what he say, I've outlined above why I don't support him. However, I do wish there was even a small chance he might win, just to spice things up a bit. So, do you really believe there is any real chance that he'll win?

2. Unfortunately, without the Republican nomination, which he won't get, all Ron Paul will end up doing is sucking off independents and splitting the right-wing vote, thus helping to usher in another era of Democrats in the White House. So my second question is this: do any of you Ron Paul supporters admit that your actions will probably lead to the election of a Democrat for President? If I were you, I would seriously second-guess my support for a man who cannot win, and will only cause the Republican candidate (I presume, your second choice) to lose. What do you think? How do you sleep at night?

(ok, that last one is not a serious question)

Do you really think Romney or Huckabee will usher in an era of wealth or change for America? Or do anything to repair the people's faith in the government? They are more of the same, panderers to the crowd. Say whatever it takes to get the vote!

I will not vote for any other Republican candidate besides Ron Paul. I might consider Romney but I stand firmly against this war. Although, Hillary and Obama switch their promises of stopping the war as well... Ron Paul is the only one who has promised, and I think we can all agree with his voting record he can be trusted, to stop this war immediately. He also happens to be the most educated in economic theory and policy. And he's against socialized medicine!

Many of the supporters who vote for Ron Paul identify themselves as liberals. They have crossed party lines to vote for him. Others are like you say, independent and moderate Republicans. But I assure you, there are many who are sick with the innept way the Republican party, and the Democrats before them, have handled their time in power. If you want to elect a candidate who sounds like more of the same, then elect Romney or Huckabee, Hillary or Obama (they might look it but they certainly don't sound different). They'll all do wonders to polarize our politics even more...

Like I've stated before, this strategy of voting the most "electable" candidate is going to hurt the Republican party and more importantly, America.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO STAND UP AGAINST POLITICS AS USUAL... DONATE TO RON PAUL ON MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY, JAN 21st!!!

Two questions for you RON PAUL fans:

1. Just curious - any Ron Paul fans believe there is ANY chance he will win?

No, I don't. It makes me sad.

2....So my second question is this: do any of you Ron Paul supporters admit that your actions will probably lead to the election of a Democrat for President? If I were you, I would seriously second-guess my support for a man who cannot win, and will only cause the Republican candidate (I presume, your second choice) to lose. What do you think?

I think a variety of factors will likely lead to the election of a democrat for president, the main one probably being the way that our current republican leader has effed us over the past few years. Ron Paul does not plan to run as an independent. He is an intelligent guy, he knows that he has no chance to win that way, and I really don't think he would waste his time. Paul's supporters identify with a variety of parties and won't blindly follow the candidate who wins the republican nomination. I consider myself a moderate leaning right. I will be voting for Paul in the primary, but when he does NOT win the GOP nomination, I don't know who I will vote for. I'm not too pleased with the other republican options, and I honestly have not focused much on the dems, because I wasn't impressed with what I did hear. When it comes time, I will learn more about my 2 options and pick the one I find less crappy.

1. Just curious - any Ron Paul fans believe there is ANY chance he will win? I do not. Though I like much of what he say, I've outlined above why I don't support him. However, I do wish there was even a small chance he might win, just to spice things up a bit. So, do you really believe there is any real chance that he'll win?

No, he doesn't have much of a chance, especially with the MSM for the most part doing nothing to aide his run and in many venues putting him down frequently as a loon.

2. Unfortunately, without the Republican nomination, which he won't get, all Ron Paul will end up doing is sucking off independents and splitting the right-wing vote, thus helping to usher in another era of Democrats in the White House. So my second question is this: do any of you Ron Paul supporters admit that your actions will probably lead to the election of a Democrat for President? If I were you, I would seriously second-guess my support for a man who cannot win, and will only cause the Republican candidate (I presume, your second choice) to lose. What do you think? How do you sleep at night?

How do you figure this? I highly doubt Ron Paul will win the preliminaries, and I've also heard that he will not run as an Independent candidate this time, so how will that siphon voters away in the main election? Not that I don't understand where you're coming from, but I'm tired of voting for the canidate I despise the least and in my prelims in 25 days will be voting for Dr Paul.

If you are going to vote for Ron Paul... you must REGISTER repubican to have your vote count towards electing Ron Paul for the Republican nomination!

I want to take this opportunity to recommend staying informed about the upcoming presidential election as it is going to affect your future as a physician and as a citizen. If you have 5 minutes to just Youtube/ google Ron Paul, the Texas House of Representative who is also a physician who once practiced in Galveston, and listen for at least 5 minutes, I guarantee it will change your outlook on US economy and healthcare. You will understand why his approach will strengthen the US dollar value, restore healthcare for the patients and the physicians, and promote civil liberty. He also studied economics and is really well versed in it. I also recommend youtubing other candidates to get some type of exposure as basis of comparison.