what books can i keep using from old mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phixius12345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I took the 2014 mcat and have to take the new one. I have pretty much all of the books for the old mcat, Berkeley, princeton, kaplan, and I was wondering if I can reuse any of these books for any of the new sections? I'm a little concerned with reusing for passages because I've been told that the style of questioning for PS and Bio is different. Is that true? Or can I still use the old material for some things? I also have the EK 1001 and Princeton Science big question book or whatever. I'd like to keep using that if I could because there are lots of practice questions in there. Basically I'd like to save money if possible. Can anyone help please? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Bump. Also is there any new resource like the old Princeton Science Workbook with a lot of practice passages that is applicable to the new test that anyone knows about? I would greatly appreciate any help I can get! Thanks!

TPR SW should still be great for passages, I think. Many of the passages are experimental with data and graphs that you must interpret. Many of the other passages that present general science information should still be relevant as well because I remember a few of those on the AAMC FL. It's my understanding that there are more experimental passages than the old MCAT. Most of the passages I remember from the new practice AAMC test had to do with interpreting experiments, although I definitely remember a few generic non-experimental passages too. I have heard that the old MCAT was more of an information dump than this current test.