What can I improve?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

NP545

Delete mod

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe shadow a few more specialties you are interested in or a PCP if you haven't yet.

Everything else looks quite good. Nice work, IMO.

Bro... you don't even have a 4.1 gpa.

Little to nothing you can do, probably have to go Caribbean..

Members don't see this ad :)
maybe take some more upper div bio classes?

I just wanted some feedback on what I can still do to be best prepared for applying to MDs ( this is not a WAMC post!).

Projections by time of application:

Psychology major
Only bare minimum prereqs taken; no upper level sciences other than Biochem
cGPA: 3.85
sGPA: 3.80
MCAT: have not officially taken yet, scoring 34-35 on practice tests
Psychology research (2+ years)
Volunteer coach (2 years, 75 hours)
Intramural captain (3 years, 80 hours)
Referee (passion EC, job, 3 years, 150 hours)
Volunteer at weekly religious meetings- (7+ years, 1000+ hours) [not sure whether to include]
Clinical experience- Hospital volunteering (2.5+ years, 300 hours)
Shadowing: 50 hours with 3 different specialties

What am I short on? What can I do to improve? Additional feedback welcome.

1) What kind of hospital volunteer? If you did not get a lot of patient experience, then perhaps you need to find some other opportunity.
2) Are any of these experiences something that involves working with your community?
3) Psychology research ( you got 2 + years. Any publications?)

Should I (the OP) apply to top-heavy, middle heavy , or low-heavy tier schools with the above credentials?

Should I (the OP) apply to top-heavy, middle heavy , or low-heavy tier schools with the above credentials?

You don't even have your MCAT score, so i would wait until you get that back because you could score well below or above your average.

There's nothing wrong with your list of activities. The only thing that you can do is try to find something unique if you're aiming for the very best schools. You have a good range of activities, but nothing that really sticks out from any other pre-med.