What can you do if you don't get accepted into med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nysegop

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you plan on reapplying, and you have already graduated with a bachelors in Biology with say a 3.4 GPA, what can you do to improve your chances when re-applying?

Members don't see this ad.

improve your gpa, do more volunteering, do some research, get a job.

Members don't see this ad :)
you can take more classes. just enroll as a non degree seeking student at any college and take a few classes. most colleges will allow people to take at least a few classes.

Thanks. Congrats on DMU by the way.

What is the point of this thread? OP is in high school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's not true. If you apply DO, even if you take classes after you graduate and do well they look at the upward trend and they do grade replacement. That's what I did.

I was thinking more for allopathic, but DO is interesting too. I will do whichever I can get into.

If you need to improve your GPA after graduation, you can attend a Special Master's Program (SMP) as well. Typically, you take medical school classes with medical students to demonstrate that you can handle the workload. A few schools even guarantee an interview spot to their own SMP students.

Thanks! I will look into that!

If I graduate this Spring, can I still do grade replacement this Fall? Or do I have to wait to graduate until after the retakes are done?