What chance do I have of getting into a 0-6 pharmacy program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cireoak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just wanted to ask what chance I have of getting into a 0-6 pharmacy program coming from high school. I also wanted to ask what 0-6 pharmacy schools I should apply to and how I'd be able to fund them (I'm coming from low-income family; I have sister that will be entering college this year.)

Here is some information:
I'm currently an upcoming senior.
GPA (unweighted): around 3.2-3.3
SAT: 1290/1600 and 1940/2400
ACT: have not taken yet.
AP scores/classes: AP Language (4), AP Chemistry (3), AP US History (4). I will be taking AP Calculus AB, AP Biology, AP French, and AP Literature senior year. I've also taken three years of Health Science ( Intro. HST, HST I, HST II) and will be taking my fourth year (HST III) of Health Science this year. Furthermore I've also recently completed two dual credit classes (US Government I and Economics) at a community college earning two As.
Volunteer hours: Around 250-300 volunteering at a hospital and a camp for children with disabilities.

I'm pretty involved at school in terms of clubs. I'm the founder of a cultural club at my school and I've held President / Vice-President positions for 3 years for that club.

Thanks in advance for helping me ( :

Members don't see this ad.

Out Of high school i applied to University at Buffalo (2+4) and Albany College of Pharmacy (0-6)...i got into both but decided against Albany cause of the mass debt i would have incurred and UB is closer to home. In high school my stats were:

95 average taking mostly AP and Honors classes
1250 on SATs
A couple extracurricular activities (track, tennis)
Nothing fancy in terms of volunteering in my high school years

Id say you have a pretty good shot based on what you listed. You have good stats and have plenty of involvement. Far more than i did.

@porsche6714: Thanks for replying : D

If possible, could you guys give me some more input? I sort of want all the opinions I can get so I can prepare myself for applying soon...

You sound like you'e have a very good shot at getting in to a 0-6 program. Don't shy away from private colleges. Some are VERY generous with financial aid and sometimes it comes out to the same price as a State university.

I applied and got in to:
Northeastern
Ohio Norhtern
Butler (Not quite a true 0-6)
Albany
Univ of the Sciences
Mass College of Pharm
Findlay

with very similiar stats to yours (3 years ago)

I opted for Ohio Northern because they offered EXCELLENT scholarships and grants. The campus is in the middle of nowhere, but it's a beautiful (and safe) campus and their financial aid package was more than generous...The "total price" for tuition is about $46 k per year, but with scholarships and grants it comes out to around $18k...Just don't overlook colleges because of the high price tag as there are a lot of financial options