What D schools have pass/fail grading?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dddsmack

my baby and I
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what schools have pass or fail grading?

I think case and creighton....?

Members don't see this ad.

i want to go there!!! I know that some schools give u your first semester as pass/fail so you can adjust but after that it is the real thing. I wonder if it is pass/fail how do they determine your class ranking which is important if u want to specialize.... that is my understanding.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not 100% sure but I know there are schools out there w/ pass fail. They still rank like others but your overall grades are pass/fail.

Creighton is regular old grades unless they just changed it. I heard UCSF is pass/fail.

It must be the RDEP first year only that is pass fail at creighton.

Any others?

I believe UCLA and UCSF are both pass/fail

Anybody know what schools have pass or fail grading?

I think case and creighton....?

I have heard that UConn's dental program is pass/fail. Not too much cutt-throat competition at these kind of dental schools.

Students tend to share notes and be more "open" to one another as opposed to dental schools that have an A-F grading scale.

Columbia goes by a Pass/Fail/Honors system and ranking is done by the number of honors you get.

Ohh. They didnt tell us during the interview~

yeah they didn't tell us either. the tour guides told us while we were eating lunch. also, only the top 10% of the students are ranked.........

Tour guides were probably not D1's. D4's had no clue about the new cirriculum either.
They were like, "and this is where you will take Biochem"
I said,"I thought we didn't have to with the new cirriculum?"
They were like, "oh yeah"

The four I know of are UConn, Harvard, UCSF (true p/f first 2 years, honors/pass/fail years 3 and 4), and UCLA (not sure if it is all 4 years, or something similar to UCSF).