What do we need to know for QR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Svart Aske

Dental Padawan
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
... More specifically, do we need to memorize conversions (ounces, pounds, feet, yards etc.)? Up until recently, I've only been using the metric system and am still adjusting to imperial units. I've heard that the QR section provides you with a conversion table but I've not had this confirmed.

Members don't see this ad.

im pretty sure you don't get a conversion table, just the periodic table for the sciences

i took my kaplan diagnostic and im pretty sure they would have provided this conversion table if it was on the actual DAT as well...

I learned them all to be safe...I think 1 came up on my test. very basic though.
the test is fair, but hard-ish.

i took the dat this morning and i didnt have any conversions but definitely know how to do them because i have seen it in kaplan and topscore so it is always a possibilty. know your trig functions inside and out, how to find the roots, circles, area, volume, circumference, special triangles, rate problems, combined work problems.

hope this helps. im not basing this on what was on my test, just what i studied and found helpful. my qr was an 18, which i dont think is too bad, just ran out of time. get used to timing youself. i think that is the big problem for a lot of people.

good luck studying!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the only conversion question I had was from fahrenheit to celsius and it gave you the formula. They might assume thought that you know the really simple conversions (feet in a yard, inches in a foot, etc) so if you're not used to those units, definitely know those simple ones.
No conversion chart is given to you, but again, you might be given the conversion/equation in the question itself.

That reminds me...I think on my test in gchem they GAVE me a formula...it was an easy one too...