What do you cement/bond and e-max crown with and why?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

valkairon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not clear on when I have to cement or bond a crown and why. I think my school only has Rely X and Multilink. I'm not even sure which one bonds and which one cements or what the difference is...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not clear on when I have to cement or bond a crown and why. I think my school only has Rely X and Multilink. I'm not even sure which one bonds and which one cements or what the difference is...

Bond when you can be certain of your isolation - e.max is stronger when bonded. When isolation is questionable, use a luting cement.

Rely X makes a few types of cements. If you have Rely X Unicem (or Unicem 2), then you have a self-etching resin cement. This will bond your e.max without any additional steps. Multilink is also a resin cement, but requires the use of an etch/bond system of your choice (or whatever your school has). Not being self etch, you can get a stronger bond with Multilink but it's trickier to use.

Hope that helps! Have fun :)