What do you guys do besides studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nemzy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets see, besides stuyding...I:

nothing...all i do is study..i am a loser

hmm..on weekends i volunteer at my hospital..but it is very boring....but i want to go to med school and i dont know why

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
nemzy said:

hmm..on weekends i volunteer at my hospital..but it is very boring....but i want to go to med school and i dont know why

..well i really do hope you find your reason (or calling) in medicine, sooner or later.

for me i like to go to the gym on my free time, or "party it up" as you would say :laugh:

i'd say going to the bookstore helps to relieve some of my stress.. reading leisure books other than what you learn in school i guess.

Skeptrix said:
..well i really do hope you find your reason (or calling) in medicine, sooner or later.

for me i like to go to the gym on my free time, or "party it up" as you would say :laugh:

i'd say going to the bookstore helps to relieve some of my stress.. reading leisure books other than what you learn in school i guess.

Gym, league tennis ALTA, Poker, Billiards, Chatahoochee river swim w/ my dog (upstream of the pollution), watching the funny things drunk white people do at my bar, read for leisure.

pretty much leaves out all time for dating :thumbdown:

nemzy said:

haha, ur so funny :

I am working full time right now and taking 2nd sem. bioc. at UCLA (I already graduated from Rice in May 2004) On weekends I chill in da cut, go to see a movie when there are good movies out right now, read some good books, volunteer as Shriners Hospital, and spend quality time with your mom if you know what I mean.

I am assuming you were being sacarstic. If not, let me know. If so, well then tough!

I've been doing some mountain biking recently, and I perform at an improv comedy club in Green Bay. I work as an EMT as often as I can too. I don't study as much as I should. But I have senioritis. Big time.

I go to the gym, play tennis, go for long walks around the city with my friends. I love to go shopping. On the weekends I go out to eat with my friends, maybe go to a club. I also spend way too much time reading fiction and true crime when I should be studying! On weekends that I have free when I can get away with not studying during the day, I like to rent a car and explore random places in the area like uncharted outlet malls in the far reaches of New England.

gym, sand volleyball, running, hanging out

Last edited:
go cycling a few times a week, breakdancing twice a week, leisure reading, and videogames (sparingly).

nicholonious said:
go cycling a few times a week, breakdancing twice a week, leisure reading, and videogames (sparingly).

breakdancing is cool. i never had the "body type" for it but i've always wanted to learn. i have much respect for a good bboy. can you do any power moves? [mills, flares, ect..]

i stopped after just learning some top rock and 6-step and a couple of freezes. now i just pop and c-walk around hehe :cool:

watch reality tv, read novels, go to church, bowl, embarass myself at karaoke bars, go for long walks around the city, chill at Starbucks w/the crossword puzzle, work out, go to the movies

tennis, SDN, hunting deers, and cinema (actually just kidding about the deers). BUT definately NO TV in my life (except some shows actually :rolleyes: TV makes an addiction, you know).

Members don't see this ad :)
Scottish Country dancing, contra dancing, volunteering at a hospice and a hospital, year-round bicycle commuting, active in the OldPreMeds, oh, and I work full-time as a librarian. I only take one or two classes at a time, though.

I actually had a dance performance Saturday night, right after the MCAT. I remembered the dances, too!

anyone play counter strike? computer games?

Now that the weather is good, no more sitting on my ass, hopefully. Basketball, running and lifting weights.

Reading books. Listening to music. Watching movies.

I wish I had my bike, but it's at my parents crib.

SitraAchra said:
breakdancing is cool. i never had the "body type" for it but i've always wanted to learn. i have much respect for a good bboy. can you do any power moves? [mills, flares, ect..]

i stopped after just learning some top rock and 6-step and a couple of freezes. now i just pop and c-walk around hehe :cool:

SitraAchra: Hey man, I would consider myself a bboy. I know the words coined, but breakdancer has such a corny outdated connotation to it.

As for powermoves, yeah, I have most the basics (flares, 90s, mills, headspins.) Trust me, they took a long time to get.

Anyways, my AIM is expressions81, hit me up sometime, I have video clips and some jpg pics of me doing some moves.

c-walking, haha. I have a close friend that is an ex-blood and even he does the crypt walk. I tease him about it, he knows its silly.

Cheers.
Nick

j0v1al said:

Now that the weather is good, no more sitting on my ass, hopefully. Basketball, running and lifting weights.

I play computer games, but mainly NHL 2005 and GTA VC. I recently got HL2, but havent even played it really, yet... waiting for this semester to be over!

In my free time, I play ice hockey (3x/week), and workout. If we can get a game going, I play bball, but I suck at it b/c I hardly play :) Yesterday, I succombed to the beautiful 85 degree weather (HOW CAN IT BE 85 IN APRIL IN MICHIGAN!!!!!!!) and went water skiing, neglecting all of the work I should be doing :) well that just means a long day today.

nicholonious said:
SitraAchra: Hey man, I would consider myself a bboy. I know the words coined, but breakdancer has such a corny outdated connotation to it.

As for powermoves, yeah, I have most the basics (flares, 90s, mills, headspins.) Trust me, they took a long time to get.

Anyways, my AIM is expressions81, hit me up sometime, I have video clips and some jpg pics of me doing some moves.

c-walking, haha. I have a close friend that is an ex-blood and even he does the crypt walk. I tease him about it, he knows its silly.

Cheers.
Nick

Yah, c-walk is a fun move, especially when done by a white boy such as myself. I've never been flexible enough for flares. Do you have a gymnast background? Many bboys do [i'm sure you know]. Anyways rock on

SitraAchra said:
Yah, c-walk is a fun move, especially when done by a white boy such as myself. I've never been flexible enough for flares. Do you have a gymnast background? Many bboys do [i'm sure you know]. Anyways rock on

No gymnist background. During undergrad there was a large gymnasium in the recreational facility and I used to train with the college gymnastic team (definately a plus). Worked on mastering aerials, backflips, backhandspings, and the like.

Salsa dancing!! w00t! :D

:love: :love:

gym, tennis, read, go to trance clubs

j0v1al said:

I used to play cs. It's pretty much a waste of time. I play vanilla sc every once in a while but usually anything outside of the house is good. Billards, poker, bball..

gbiz said:
I play computer games, but mainly NHL 2005 and GTA VC. I recently got HL2, but havent even played it really, yet... waiting for this semester to be over!

In my free time, I play ice hockey (3x/week), and workout. If we can get a game going, I play bball, but I suck at it b/c I hardly play :) Yesterday, I succombed to the beautiful 85 degree weather (HOW CAN IT BE 85 IN APRIL IN MICHIGAN!!!!!!!) and went water skiing, neglecting all of the work I should be doing :) well that just means a long day today.

ive been reading all of your posts, gbiz, and i have a huge crush on you *blush*

sex, workout, sex, run, sex, eat, sex, sleep, sex, workout....see a pattern.....

I play chess, more chess and some more chess........... then I complain to the whole world how I did bad on the MCAT and that I have nothing to write about in my personal statement ,and how I am never going to get into medical school etc.........oh and then I play some more chess.

www.icc.com