What do you think of UIC dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheColorPurple

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, any feedbacks from UIC nowadays? How are the students doing with the system ( integration of IDDPs with regular D2s/D3s/D4s and evidence-based learning)? Living in Chicago? It will help me a lot on deciding whether to join the UIC community or not... Honest opinions from everyone especially current students and recent graduates are highly appreciated! Thanks:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, any feedbacks from UIC nowadays? How are the students doing with the system ( integration of IDDPs with regular D2s/D3s/D4s and evidence-based learning)? Living in Chicago? It will help me a lot on deciding whether to join the UIC community or not... Honest opinions from everyone especially current students and recent graduates are highly appreciated! Thanks:)
Does the UIC community want you to join? Have you been accepted?

Well, like any school, UIC has its downfalls. Most of those seem to be time management, organization, and money issues. I feel that we are in school a rediculous amount of time for things that can be learned in a much shorter time if it were better organized. The preclinic and the wet lab can get down right disgusting, but I think thats also a relection on how us as students take care of the place along with having older equiptment/building.

That all being said, I felt, at least through my D1 year, that I was well prepared to take boards. I was worried being a state school, the teachers wouldnt care, but that is the one thing I feel UIC excels at... we have a lot of good teachers who really do care about us and how we do. Yes there are the occasional physio teachers who come in from the med school and couldnt give a crap what we do, and the occasional prosthodontist who will find something wrong in your work just to make herself/himself look better... but those are exceptions for the most part.

I couldnt say that any other particular school would be way better or way worse, but at Chicago I feel at home so thats why chose UIC. My friends and family are here, and I am even in class with one of my old friends from pre-school.

I am a D2, and our class didnt do a whole lot of evidence based learning, but to be honest, the few things that we did do, I did tend to remember better. I know they are trying to ramp that up a bit with more incoming classes... as long as they dont go overboard with it, should turn out well.

Also, if rumors are true, they are nixing anatomy lab for an online type thing. Good thing in that you wont have to smell like a morgue half the week, but potentially bad thing if it doesnt prepare you as well. I dont know the whole story on it so I cant comment too much.