Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

What do you use to carry around your stuff?

Discussion in 'Dental' started by dental555, 12.06.12.

1. Thanks to Crack the NBDE
  1. dental555

dental555

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    What do most dental school students use to carry around their stuff at school? Are backpacks or messenger bags the norm, or something else? I figure with notes, laptop, books, phone/wallet/keys and all that, it could be a lot to carry at times.
  2. Bereno

Bereno Smoking Monkey

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Backpack for books and laptops + misc stuffs. I modified a tackle box for my lab equipment. :thumbup:
  3. txaggie03

txaggie03 Extremely Full of It

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    backpack for lunch and laptop. i try not to have too many printed notes/text. not because i care about the enviro, but rather my back.

So far, I do not have the need to carry equipment, as it is all in my drawers and nearby wall locker. But I am only a lowly D2, so that might change in next years lab classes.
  4. dental555

dental555

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Cool thanks for the replies. I'm thinking about getting a messenger bag because I've had a backpack all my life and want to try something new, but also don't want to put unnecessary stress on my back.
  5. Odontos2015

Odontos2015

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    If you carry around a laptop, are the type that buys and uses textbooks, and like study somewhere that isn't you home, I think you'll want a backpack.

As far as lab equipment, my whole row in preclinic pitched the tackle boxes the school gave us and bought the blue ones from Meijer. One of my smarter investments in dental school.
  6. lululime

lululime

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    It doesn't matter......everyone has lockers, and when you get loupes you usually get a case with it. You can probably fit some extra equipment in there, spare batteries, etc.....
  7. Kahr

Kahr audi 5000 Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor

Dental Student
    Navy Air Force SDN 5+ Year Member
    Varies, I see plenty of backpacks though. Personally I just carry my laptop (and only when I absolutely need it) in a little slip cover bag provided by the school, along with my coffee cup/tumbler in hand. Most people also use lockers, again something I've found not necessary (but people seem to really depend on them *shrug*). One classmate I used to sit next to would bring a backpack and another bag, often filled with snacks/food. :rolleyes: I should've taken advantage of her snacks, but I always felt bad asking.

I leave my loupes in one of my personal drawers at my lab bench, something I think most people don't do (they carry around that lunch pail case, or leave it in their locker). Lab coat just hangs in the car when needed. It's all just personal preference.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal