What do you wear when practicing? Uniform, etc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrToothDrill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently wear scrubs when working but it's clearly a cross contamination issue with the rest of the practice because walking around to reception, lunch room, etc. is a no-no. That said, I don't want to wear a white lab/clinic jacket in the surgery.

However, I have seen online (it was in a Youtube video of someone having a crown placed) where the assistant was wearing what looked like a front zippered jacket with long sleeves that was dark blue with her names embossed on the front. Looked pretty sweet and would work well to be able to remove quickly, etc.

However, I can not locate it ANYWHERE! The closest I could find is what's called a tunic from retailer in Australia that's made in Italy and costs about $75 a pop. Looking for a cheaper alternative, should one exist.

Anyone know of a source? Or as the title states, what do you wear while practicing???

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

2 minutes of Google and I think I found it. Not sure why I couldn't locate it for the last hour!

http://www.amazon.com/Cherokee-Workwear-Scrubs-Front-Warm-Up/dp/B00IL3NU6O

What do you all think? Would wear scrub pants, white V neck, T shirt up top and this over the top of the shirt while working. Then, if I need to leave the surgery to head up front, etc. I would take the top off.

Would it look ridiculous walking around with scrub pants and a white T shirt top?

Personally I wear navy blue scrubs with a black crew neck t shirt. In the op I wear a "disposable" jacket.
imagejpg1_zpsa656bf84.jpg

$3.00 each @ Schein.

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally I wear navy blue scrubs with a black crew neck t shirt. In the op I wear a "disposable" jacket.
imagejpg1_zpsa656bf84.jpg

$3.00 each @ Schein.

No bad at all, I like that idea. That would be especially beneficial in surgicals.

Mountain Khakis, duck boots and a polo.