What does immediate professional goals mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usagichan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I don't understand how to answer this question: How the Doctor of Pharmacy degree relates to your immediate and long-term professional goals?

Is immediate referring to after graduating from a Pharm.D program? Or is it now?

would this work for immediate & long-term goals?

immediate: obtain a well-rounded education in a strong Pharm.D program that gives me the opportunity to with a variety of people

long-term: to help people live a healthy life

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I don't understand how to answer this question: How the Doctor of Pharmacy degree relates to your immediate and long-term professional goals?

Is immediate referring to after graduating from a Pharm.D program? Or is it now?

immediate: obtain a well-rounded education in a strong Pharm.D program that gives me the opportunity to with a variety of people

thanks!
your immediate goal reads to me: I am trying to get in a good Rx school and then survive until I can get that PharmD degree

your long term goad says: dang I do not want to mention that I want a job with good pay so I can pay back those super huge student loans and enjoy my life..... :) jk

all kidding aside, I think you have to define the terms "immediate" and "long" in your own terms then roll from there...

thanks!

Personally, I interpreted "immediate" as in what I would do right after getting my PharmD and "long-term" as in what I hope to achieve over the course of my career.

If you want a critique of your immediate an long-term goals, they aren't interesting to me. I think most every candidate wants to get the education required to help others (and be well paid doing so). It's generic and would not improve your application, in my opinion. But if that's honestly your immediate and long-term goals, then I think it's good to be honest.