What Happened to the "Temple Class of 2009" Thread?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChubbyBaby

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last night I was involved in a thread entitled Temple Class of 2009. This thread was locked down, and upon checking my post history, I have determined that the entire thread has been erased.

Although I admit some of my language may have been inappropriate in this thread, I feel that I conducted myself with the most composure that I could muster given the circumstances. :oops: Sorry Sprgrover and Gavin!

I am curious why this thread was censored and deleted? Although no factual information about Temple was provided in this thread, I personally feel that comments made by the leadership of the Temple Class of 2008 (class president SLIMDEETS) may be of indirect importance to those considering applying to Temple.

Sincerely,
ChubbyBaby :)

Members don't see this ad.

ChubbyBaby said:
Last night I was involved in a thread entitled Temple Class of 2009. This thread was locked down, and upon checking my post history, I have determined that the entire thread has been erased.

Although I admit some of my language may have been inappropriate in this thread, I feel that I conducted myself with the most composure that I could muster given the circumstances. :oops: Sorry Sprgrover and Gavin!

I am curious why this thread was censored and deleted? Although no factual information about Temple was provided in this thread, I personally feel that comments made by the leadership of the Temple Class of 2008 (class president SLIMDEETS or "Steve Deets") may be of indirect importance to those considering applying to Temple.

Sincerely,
ChubbyBaby :)

Geez....u call Deets and I a loser, and then u start this pathetic thread?

Why dont u just drop it and use your energy for something more your style....like fixing your hair in front of the mirror for an hour or putting on that Lee Press-On body of yours......

by the way, you've been quite active on these forums lately.....Im gonna start thinking you are one of those guys who "stares at the computer" all day!

Gavin, Sprgrover, any help? Why was the thread completely removed? I have two contacts at Temple university that independently heard about the thread who would like to see it. Didn't realize SDN was so popular. :eek: Also, I wanted to show a friend of mine who was considering applying to Temple. She'd like to see it too! Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ChubbyBaby said:
Gavin, Sprgrover, any help? Why was the thread completely removed? I have two contacts at Temple university that independently heard about the thread who would like to see it. Didn't realize SDN was so popular. :eek: Also, I wanted to show a friend of mine who was considering applying to Temple. She'd like to see it too! Thanks! :)

The thread was deleted at the request of Slimdeets, the OP. If you would like to start another thread you can do so or send him a pm asking if he would like to author another one.

Sprgrover said:
The thread was deleted at the request of Slimdeets, the OP.
I'm not surprised at all that SLIMDEETS would want that thread deleted. BadVibes, why would SLIMDEETS want that thread deleted if I was the one causing the trouble calling you and SLIMDEETS losers (which is totally incorrect)? I was absolutely astonished by the comments that came from the President of Temple's Class of 2008, and I'm equally concerned that no current Temple students came to intervene.

SLIMDEETS, you said that you could not understand why somebody in my position (an applicant) would choose to engage in a "viscious campaign" against Temple. [BTW, that "viscious campaign" was the grossest exaggeration I've ever seen. I had literally not made one bad comment about Temple.] Myself, I cannot understand how somebody in your position (a self-identified representative of Temple) would engage in such hurtful vitriol to a potential applicant to your school. This experience has made me second-guess my decision to apply to Temple University. I mean, it would be such a joke, to potentially have to listen to you welcoming me.

I have to agree with the comments made in that thread by Drat, a future HSDM 2009 student, that you and BadVibes do a terrible job of representing Temple. Is everybody like this at Temple?! If so, maybe Temple should drop their group interview method (6 students to 1 interviewer) so they could more easily evaluate qualities more suiting the dental profession.

ChubbyBaby

ChubbyBaby said:
I'm not surprised at all that SLIMDEETS would want that thread deleted. BadVibes, why would SLIMDEETS want that thread deleted if I was the one causing the trouble calling you and SLIMDEETS losers (which is totally incorrect)? I was absolutely astonished by the comments that came from the President of Temple's Class of 2008, and I'm equally concerned that no current Temple students came to intervene.

SLIMDEETS, you said that you could not understand why somebody in my position (an applicant) would choose to engage in a "viscious campaign" against Temple. [BTW, that "viscious campaign" was the grossest exaggeration I've ever seen. I had literally not made one bad comment about Temple.] Myself, I cannot understand how somebody in your position (a representative of Temple) would engage in such hurtful vitriol to a potential applicant to your school. This experience has made me second-guess my decision to apply to Temple University. I mean, it would be such a joke, to potentially have to listen to you welcoming me.

I have to agree with the comments made by Drat, a future HSDM 2009 student, that you and BadVibes do a terrible job of representing Temple. Is everybody like this at Temple?! If so, maybe Temple should drop their group interview method (6 students to 1 interviewer) so they could more easily evaluate qualities more suiting the dental profession.

ChubbyBaby

You need to chill out. Get over it. Neither one is going to respond to you. Its funny that out of 125 students per class you chose the two that post a lot on SDN to represent the entire student population. I am not sure why two students at Temple would make you change your mind to apply to the dental school (btw you didnt mention in your signature that you were going to apply there anyway). So what if Drat is attending Harvard...does that make him more credible? I am done responding...you are wasting people's time and taking up valuable thread space. Fill out your application, finish your essay, look into other threads that deal with more pressing issues and stop writing about stupid issues that NOBODY cares about. To even take the time to try to find out what happened to an old thread is just plain ridiculous.

Bullfan16 said:
Its funny that out of 125 students per class you chose the two that post a lot on SDN to represent the entire student population.
Well, isn't that the whole idea of a Class President, to represent the entire student population? :rolleyes: Was that intended as a joke?

Bullfan16 said:
... stop writing about stupid issues that NOBODY cares about.
No, I know people care about this. Two people I haven't spoken to in weeks emailed me curious about the thread.

P.S. You're telling me to chill out? Bullfan, you wrote me a multiple-paragraph response last night (to an issue I wasn't even addressing) to help your friend (SLIMDEETS) gang-up on me.

These obnoxious fights break out all the time. People in the heat of the moment type out some foul mouth crap to 1up the next person. All by future professionals. SDN is more of a playground and social gathering, so there really is no need to get too upset over things said here, or to chase someone down and call the NYtimes. However if you do choose to publicly ID yourself you may want to watch what you say. Thats why I choose to be anonymous so i can be as obnoxious as i like.

I read the Temple thread and it was quite amusing, however it is over and time to move on. There will be future fights for you to fine tune your logic and rhetorical skills.

Oh, you put way too much importance on class president.

ChubbyBaby said:
Bullfan, you wrote me a multiple-paragraph response last night (to an issue I wasn't even addressing) to help your friend (SLIMDEETS) gang-up on me.

We arent friends...merely acquaintances (not to say if I got to know him I wouldnt be friends with him, but I barely know him if at all)...and no I wasnt joking..who cares if Slimdeets is the president or if anyone else who made "obnoxious" comments here on SDN held a position in the class of 200X...does that make all 125 students at Temple the same person? You take this title thing too far...

Seriously...take a break. Go fishing, hiking, read a book...hell go hang out with Ianwright if you want. Just stop bringing this meaningless thread up to the top of the page (I know I am doing it now...sorry).

Lastly, the only reason I wrote the long "multi-paragraph" essay was to show others that while your cousin may be unhappy at Temple...most 4th years at most schools across the US are unhappy as well. So your cousin is not unique and Temple is not a "bad" place to go to school.

Ah the internet...making it possible for complete strangers to become enemies, all from the comfort of their own homes....thank you Al Gore, thank you...what would we ever have done without this marvelous invention of yours?

Bullfan16 said:
Lastly, the only reason I wrote the long "multi-paragraph" essay was to show others that while your cousin may be unhappy at Temple..
Sir, I object to you using quotations around "multi-paragraph." Do you deny that it was multi-paragraph? :laugh: Leave the quotations for ridiculous things like SLIMDEETS saying I was participating in a "viscious campaign" against Temple.

I know that there are numerous cool and caring Temple students. Case in point, my cousin and his friends. My comment "Is everybody like this at Temple?" was rhetorical. I was trying to emphasize the absurd fact that this person is the 2008 Class President. No, my gripe is certainly with SLIMDEETS and nobody else. I just think that the entire thread proved that this guy is an absolute ******. His original post presents himself with his full name and class president status, then he tries to lambaste some girl he doesn't know, and he gets pathetically smacked down because his accusations made absolutely no sense. I was honestly laughing my ass off!! But still, he said some very rude things. It wasn't just the unprovoked and general threatening nature of his posts, but his comments about feminism.

I cant believe you are still carrying this on!! Holy crap!!! Are you on your period by chance?

Do you have a boyfriend, because if you do, I feel EXTREMELY sorry for him if he has to put up with this crap all the time!

P.S. what is your cousin's name, because according to Temple's records, there is no one by the name of Mark Chubby does goes to Temple dental.

P.P.S. Seriously, take Bullfan's advice....take a break....smoke a joint....go for a walk....take pills for your cramps....do anything it takes for you to relax and not be so annoying

Dr.BadVibes said:
P.S. what is your cousin's name, because according to Temple's records, there is no one by the name of Mark Chubby does goes to Temple dental.
Oh, I'm sorry, he always uses his middle name (Mark). His first name is Tyler. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Chubbs I was with ya all the way you had some good come backs, but you maybe crossing a line when you try to take what is said here and go after someone outside this forum.

ChubbyBaby said:
Oh, I'm sorry, he always uses his middle name (Mark). His first name is Tyler. :laugh:

nope...no tyler chubby as well.....or is chubby a nickname as well???

Personally, Im quite entertained...I gotta admit that I'd much rather visit this thread than all the other ones that are available right now. There are too many boring threads currently circulating this forum.

So, carry on...Im gonna head downstairs to grab some popcorn and skittles.

Can't we all just...GIT-R-DONE

I'm curious to what the whole hoopla was all over...

I <3 internet forums!

Okay folks, first off let's try to watch the language. Second, SDN's forums are anonymous and that is sometimes all the excuse a person needs to release his/her inhibitions. That's not to suggest that when that happens it is alright but rather other guests should not take such outbursts too personally. Furthermore, whether you are dealing with someone online or face to face - and you'll run into disagreable personalities/situations everywhere - it's important to step back, pick your battles, and ask yourself if this is the hill you want to die on.

Dr.BadVibes said:
nope...no tyler chubby as well.....or is chubby a nickname as well???

Tyler and Mark are her imaginary friends. They know fluffy bunny and magic frog. They have tea together and eat cookies. By the way Chubby Weird One while you were starting crap and editing your own comments I finished 2 single crown preps, took impressions and started investing. I also did a three unit provisional. Have a good night Chubby.

I just wanted to thank our class president SLIMDEETS for being able to bring Oral-B to our school and secure free $120 power toothbrushes for everyone!! Good job!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

SLIMDEETS said:
Tyler and Mark are her imaginary friends. They know fluffy bunny and magic frog. They have tea together and eat cookies. By the way Chubby Weird One while you were starting crap and editing your own comments I finished 2 single crown preps, took impressions and started investing. I also did a three unit provisional. Have a good night Chubby.

You already invested???!?!? :eek:

Dude, im SOO behind! :sleep:

Sprgrover said:
Okay folks, first off let's try to watch the language. Second, SDN's forums are anonymous and that is sometimes all the excuse a person needs to release his/her inhibitions. That's not to suggest that when that happens it is alright but rather other guests should not take such outbursts too personally. Furthermore, whether you are dealing with someone online or face to face - and you'll run into disagreable personalities/situations everywhere - it's important to step back, pick your battles, and ask yourself if this is the hill you want to die on.

Are we not allowed to say 'hell'? I have seen others write this as well as code for words that are much more profane. If its personally offending to you...I am sorry...otherwise dont read it.