What is a competitive GRE score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XT777

No I'm...doesn't.
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
with regards to DVM schools...what is a competive score? Is just the general test required or are subject tests also required?

thx

XT777

Members don't see this ad.

I depends on the school really. See if you can get stats from a previous class of accepted students. My school gave that to me without my asking for it but I don't know if other schools do or not. But that will show the GRE score average and range for the students from the previous year. Some average about 1000 others average more toward 1300.

The Biology GRE is only required for Oklahoma State and Georgia. None of the other schools require a subject test that I'm aware of.

Cornell is 1350 for the most recent class, the mean for Tufts is close to that. Many schools post the profile for the most recently admitted class on their websites, but if you send an email to the ones that don't they'll likely give it to you. I requested that information from LSU and they did (1121). Also, there are a couple of schools that allow either the MCAT or the GRE.