What is DPT school like

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

I’m a pre pt student and was curious as to what DPT school is like? How many hours a day you study? Also for recent grads do they normally live in apartments after getting first job than save up for a house?

Members don't see this ad.

Programs vary vastly by school- some have you in class/labs 8-5 most days, others do more independent learning with less in class time. How much you study on top of that also varies by person, but assume probably a couple hours most days and more on weekends. Of course that is averages- some nights you won't do anything, and during busy times you'll be doing way more. But expect it to be like a full time job.

It absolutely sucks but is great at the same time. I love what I am learning but the days for my school are long and just wear me out. But I love the material, I love my professors, and i love my cohort. Days are 5-8 hours long depending on the day and I usually study about 3-4 hours when I get home depending on the material of that day. I use the weekends for my intense studying and catching up on readings of needed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m a pre pt student and was curious as to what DPT school is like? How many hours a day you study? Also for recent grads do they normally live in apartments after getting first job than save up for a house?

DPT school is exciting at first, but then you dive into lots of studying and by the end of the program you will be looking forward to its end.
How many hours you study depends on your academic abilities. Some people study a couple of hours and have weekends off (not many people), others study all the time. Majority students are somewhere in between.
Where you live after graduation depends on your life situation and what you want in the future. Some already have a spouse/SO and/or children, and houses. Others still live with their parents. You can rent a room and save all your money for a house or you can rent a nice place and go travelling while making minimal payments for student loan (if you get one) and enjoy life right after you graduate. You will have choices what to do with your life.

Reactions: 1 user
Studying varies a lot: by semester, by week, by academic level.

I wanted good grades, so I studied a lot. Sometimes 3-4 hours/night for 3 weeks on end. It paid off for me, but it was really overwhelming.

For me, so far, 9-6 Monday to Friday of classes with half an hour to an hour of break. Then after I go straight to studying until 10-11 then repeat lol. Weekends usually study too.

First year second semester here.

Reactions: 1 user