What is going on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre Opt Student

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay sooo I applied a lonnnggg time ago as in August/Sept but I havent heard ANYTHING yet. My application was complete...except the chem course I just finished (I repeated it) and just sent out the transcript for it this week. But all the schools had all the rest of my transcripts, letters, extracurriculars etc...

I called all the schools a few weeks ago and they said that my file is under review. But how can it be under review for so long? What does this usually mean? Is it because they were waiting on my chem grade? I feel like the whole process is stalled right now and I dont really know what to do about it.

Any advice would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Just be patient. I also applied towards the end of august, beginning of september. I only heard from ICO two days ago. It really depends when the schools finish gathering all your application materials and then send it for review. It also might be appropriate to call the admissions office and double check your status and make sure they have everything. I recently called PCO before they told me they are going to wait until I send in the grades from the current fall quarter before taking before they review my file. (might be cuz of my low gpa)

Well ICO's the only school Ive heard from..and they said to send my transcript in December, and they will do a second review in January. But everywhere else..nothing. I guess I just have to continue waiting..

Members don't see this ad :)
Where else are you waiting to hear from?

Have you applied to SCO? They were really fast with my application and interview and even acceptance...also, on that Accepted thread, they seem to be accepting many people.

No I did not apply there yet. Should I be? Would it be too late to start the application??

I am waiting on PCO, NECO, and NOVA

Nova is the strangest because Fran emailed me back in August saying she needed a few more things to complete my application and that I should notify her as soon as they are sent or whether they are on their way. She's received everything like 2 months ago and I still havent heard anything back..I called the school and they just said my file was under review..

Have you applied to SCO? They were really fast with my application and interview and even acceptance...also, on that Accepted thread, they seem to be accepting many people.

They've accepted a lot of people because we've had a record number of applicants this year, enough for them to interview two days a week instead of one (in September). Don't think it's because we have low standards. :D

Also, I remember when I wanted to sign up for a tour at Nova, I was so frustrated with their lack of communication... that's the main reason I ended up not applying.

Also, I remember when I wanted to sign up for a tour at Nova, I was so frustrated with their lack of communication... that's the main reason I ended up not applying.

Its funny how things like how organized the school is at setting up tours gives applicants such strong feelings about whether they want to go there. But, if they can't treat applicants right, what's to say they would treat students well?

For SCCO, the head of admissions, Dr. Munroe, makes SUCH a positive impression for the school. Essentially, the fact that this woman cares so much about applicants speaks volumes about how the rest of the faculty might be too.

I definitely agree with Blysssful's comments about SCCO and its Director of Admissions. I've never had any problems communicating with the school about my application and questions...whether it is scheduling an appointment for a workshop or updating my application file, Betty Sanchez of the Student Affairs Office at SCCO has always promptly and respectfully responded to my requests in a timely manner. For instance, last week, I received both an e-mail and letter reminding me of and explaining to me the exact details of what to expect on the upcoming interview day. As for Dr. Munroe's role in the whole admission's process at SCCO, I would have to say she is one of the BEST admissions directors out there...she's definitely a great person to know. She will help you to shadow with many of her experienced colleagues in subspecialty areas of low vision, VT, sports vision, ocular disease, etc if you have trouble finding shadowing opportunities in those areas. She will definitely go above and beyond to help you, which makes my job easier when deciding which school to apply to.