What is Ohio State Interview like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cavs123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an upcoming interview at Ohio State soon. What is the interview like? Is there a writing sample at all?

Members don't see this ad.

There is a tour, lunch, financial meeting and the interview. The interview itself is pretty standard open file with 3 faculty on 1 student in most cases. They'll ask about grades, why optometry, why not dentistry/medicine/pharm, and other typical questions you should expect.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview to Ohio, did anyone else interview this cycle?

Did everyone get a 3 on 1 interview? For NECO we also had a "student observant," just wondering if this is also the case for Ohio?

Did you stay close to the school and just walk in the morning?

TIA!

I interviewed there. We had 4 interviewers, 3 were professors and one was an admission rep. They asked the standard questions, nothing crazy. Be prepared to discuss any bad semesters or grades. I didn't have to stay because I live close, but they do have an opportunity to stay in the optometry frat house the night before the interview. That's a great way to get to know some students. Call the admissions office and they can give you the contact info to set that up. If you have any other questions feel free to message me.

There is no writing sample.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed this cycle! The day for me began with an info session, a tour of the Optometry school with a brief tour of campus on the way to lunch, lunch with a student (who we were directly told had no say in the admissions decision), a financial meeting, and lastly the interview. My interview was with four people ( 3 faculty and 1 staff member) and was honestly what sold me on the school because it was FUN! Expect the typical questions, but you could tell they were all willing to help me out when I got nervous/awkward haha. It lasted about 45 minutes, and after that I was free to go. I think if you do a morning interview, the order is slightly different and the interview comes first followed by all the other stuff. Everyone was really nice and welcoming so nothing was too stressful :)

Reactions: 1 user