What is "probationary status" on SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cloud99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
And how long does it last? :D:D:D

Members don't see this ad.

it makes your name look cooler, and i suppose it lasts for as long as one continues to belittle people in the respective board.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Probationary Status: The SDN equivalent of a dunce cap.

Get up to date with the year 2009, please.

But really, it is VERY sad when people on SDN, an ONLINE FORUM, report other posters for insulting them. Imagine how they handle situations in real life.

for example.

*bus approaches stop, passengers enter and pay fare*

people like adenosine/cloud99: Hi, what a BEAUTIFUL DAY!

bus driver: gtfo of my bus you pompous ass!

people like adenosine/cloud99: ARGHH I AM GOING TO TELL MOMMY AND DADDY NOW!

But really, it is VERY sad when people on SDN, an ONLINE FORUM, report other posters for insulting them. Imagine how they handle situations in real life.

for example.

Was that supposed to be funny? Or insulting? Or both? Cause it wasn't either... :confused:

But anyway, the point of SDN is to have a place where students and doctors of their respective fields can exchange useful information. If you don't want to contribute in a meaningful way and just love bashing people that's your deal, but do it somewhere else. Try myspace.

I actually started this thread because I was looking for the answer to a question: "what is probationary status"? I hadn't seen it before, did a search, and came up mostly with info. on how you get banned, but not much on probationary status.

And for the record, you couldn't insult me if you tried Gochi. You'd have to mean something to me first - and you don't.

Last edited:
I actually started this thread because I was looking for the answer to a question: "what is probationary status"? I hadn't seen it before, did a search, and came up mostly with info. on how you get banned, but not much on probationary status.

And for the record, you couldn't insult me if you tried Gochi. You'd have to mean something to me first - and you don't.

Lies. It's alright though, you will recover. Starting threads is one way to go about it. :D

Was that supposed to be funny? Or insulting? Or both? Cause it wasn't either... :confused:

But anyway, the point of SDN is to have a place where students and doctors of their respective fields can exchange useful information. If you don't want to contribute in a meaningful way and just love bashing people that's your deal, but do it somewhere else. Try myspace.

if your confused, its your fault. lol.

how am i bashing people?

if your confused, its your fault. lol.

how am i bashing people?

The only thing that confuses me about you is your persistent attendance in these forums when you've made it extremely clear you do not value this profession.

If you're not throwing out insults directed at a specific person, you're bashing the entire profession in the overwhelming majority of your posts.

for example.

I can always count on you for entertainment.

how am i bashing people?

You're a troll.
You post to simply annoy others.
You bring up threads that are multiple years old that have no relevance.
You have not contributed any form of networking information to the site or the members here.
You do not have a positive outlook on the profession and you think that is the only way to view it.
You believe your opinion is far more important that any other.
You are wasting everyone's time.
Use constructive and informed opinions, you might get to stay.

The only thing that confuses me about you is your persistent attendance in these forums when you've made it extremely clear you do not value this profession.

If you're not throwing out insults directed at a specific person, you're bashing the entire profession in the overwhelming majority of your posts.
a276

If many of you interpret facts as insults to the profession, its not my problem.

I don't directly bash people. You can check out the recent threads I created. Clearly, they were asking for it.

You're a troll.
You post to simply annoy others.
You bring up threads that are multiple years old that have no relevance.
You have not contributed any form of networking information to the site or the members here.
You do not have a positive outlook on the profession and you think that is the only way to view it.
You believe your opinion is far more important that any other.
You are wasting everyone's time.

justify that please. or anyone else here.

Members don't see this ad :)

I think the poster justified it for you in the post. It's pretty clear you like stirring the pot and nothing more. There is a reason for your probationary status, don't you think? :idea:

Sure.

You're a troll. Useless post.
You post to simply annoy others. Pointless post.
You bring up threads that are multiple years old that have no relevance. Three year old thread.
You have not contributed any form of networking information to the site or the members here. Pretty much every post you have ever written, but here's one example.
Two examples.

You do not have a positive outlook on the profession and you think that is the only way to view it. Rant.
You believe your opinion is far more important that any other. Your thoughts and perceptions of the school will differ than the students actually attending that school.
You are wasting everyone's time. Useless post... could also be used in the troll justification.

All new hypocritical point: talking about how someone bringing up your 2006 posts is stupid. What did you recently do to several threads?

FYI: I only used the first 3 pages of your posts... out of a possible 400.

I think the poster justified it for you in the post. It's pretty clear you like stirring the pot and nothing more. There is a reason for your probationary status, don't you think? :idea:

Nah. I didnt stir the pot. Other posters did. I have yet to call anybody out.

The mod who put me on probation is........too bad i cant say it. I'd prefer not getting banned. :cool:

Sure.

You're a troll. Useless post.
You post to simply annoy others. Pointless post.
You bring up threads that are multiple years old that have no relevance. Three year old thread.
You have not contributed any form of networking information to the site or the members here. Pretty much every post you have ever written, but here's one example.
Two examples.

You do not have a positive outlook on the profession and you think that is the only way to view it. Rant.
You believe your opinion is far more important that any other. Your thoughts and perceptions of the school will differ than the students actually attending that school.
You are wasting everyone's time. Useless post... could also be used in the troll justification.

All new hypocritical point: talking about how someone bringing up your 2006 posts is stupid. What did you recently do to several threads?

FYI: I only used the first 3 pages of your posts... out of a possible 400.

How sad.

What part of justify do you not comprehend?

The mod who put me on probation is........too bad i cant say it. I'd prefer not getting banned. :cool:

You can tell gochi isn't being as "opinionated" lately to the extent (s)he normally is to the point of getting banned. Or maybe he wants to keep his 2+ year status and 1000 posts and not start over on a new user ID. Slight attitude adjustment is better than none at all! Let's hope it keeps going in that direction :xf:

What part of justify do you not comprehend?

A little dictionary.com usage for your little brain.

jus⋅ti⋅fy

1. to show (an act, claim, statement, etc.) to be just or right: The end does not always justify the means.
2. to defend or uphold as warranted or well-grounded: Don't try to justify his rudeness.

Synonyms:
1. vindicate; validate.

To make it easy for you: I justified my claims by using your posts to support them. It's like citing a reference. I did not make up these points. Your terrible posting made up these points. See the links for justification.

does anyone know how good my chances are if i am #5 on a waiting list for an optometry school?

+1.00 + 1.25 x 110

jus⋅ti⋅fy

1. to show (an act, claim, statement, etc.) to be just or right: The end does not always justify the means.
2. to defend or uphold as warranted or well-grounded: Don't try to justify his rudeness.

Synonyms:
1. vindicate; validate.

To make it easy for you: I justified my claims by using your posts to support them. It's like citing a reference. I did not make up these points. Your terrible posting made up these points. See the links for justification.

Dayamn, someone got moded.

Take your village idiot back. We have enough trolls in the pharmacy forums.:D

jus⋅ti⋅fy

Synonyms:
1. vindicate; validate.

Ha.

What you have done is give your opinions about my posts. That is not justification.

Honestly, this is how I child would justify anything he was told to justify.

What you have done is give your opinions about my posts. That is not justification.

The links are to your posts which support my points. They are overlayed hyperlinks to explain to the reader why I used that specific post of yours (which is my opinion... but the fact that your posts validate my points is the purpose here). It's not a hard concept to grasp. I will not be posting any more to this thread because it appears you do not have the intellect to follow so you simply repeat yourself as any troll would.

The links are to your posts which support my points. They are overlayed hyperlinks to explain to the reader why I used that specific post of yours (which is my opinion... but the fact that your posts validate my points is the purpose here). It's not a hard concept to grasp. I will not be posting any more to this thread because it appears you do not have the intellect to follow so you simply repeat yourself as any troll would.

c'ya later alligator.

Disciplinary action taken against members of SDN is only the concern of that individual member and the moderating staff of the forum. The best way to stay involved in ensuring the forums provide a positive experience for all is to report inappropriate posts as needed, ignore trolls, and follow the Terms of Service.

For a reminder on how best to deal with trolls, please read the following PSA.

PSA: How to Beat A Troll Senseless

Thanks,

PGE