What is the best practice questions resource to buy?

kooldude

Reaction score
I currently own the kaplan textbook- which I like because I wanted to have a physical textbook to go through. It comes with a question bank and 2 tests. I feel like that isn't enough practice though. Any recommendations on what to buy for additional practice questions and full-length mock tests? I found this link for Chad's videos: OAT Practice. Does anyone know if the "practice tests" are full length tests?

Also, OAT booster comes with 7 full length tests for free.... seems too good to be true. Are they actually good simulations of the real OAT?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I currently own the kaplan textbook- which I like because I wanted to have a physical textbook to go through. It comes with a question bank and 2 tests. I feel like that isn't enough practice though. Any recommendations on what to buy for additional practice questions and full-length mock tests? I found this link for Chad's videos: OAT Practice. Does anyone know if the "practice tests" are full length tests?

Also, OAT booster comes with 7 full length tests for free.... seems too good to be true. Are they actually good simulations of the real OAT?

Thanks!
The Kaplan blue textbooks should've came with a code for the online resources, which comes with two full-length practice exams. I took the first one before studying anything to see what subjects I needed to drill myself with and took the second one the day before my OATs. I found those questions a bit easier than the actual exam (or it could've been the stress that made me think the actual exam was harder), but they were a good reflection on what I knew vs things I should go over more.

I highly, highly recommend getting the OAT destroyer books. There's over hundreds of questions per subject and they are much harder than actual exam questions. If you can conquer the OAT destroyer, then you will score really high on the actual exam. The great thing about the destroyer is that the answer key will provide detailed info on why the right answer is right, and why the other choices are wrong. The answer key alone could be a textbook of its own; it was one of my best studying resources. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
The Kaplan blue textbooks should've came with a code for the online resources, which comes with two full-length practice exams. I took the first one before studying anything to see what subjects I needed to drill myself with and took the second one the day before my OATs. I found those questions a bit easier than the actual exam (or it could've been the stress that made me think the actual exam was harder), but they were a good reflection on what I knew vs things I should go over more.

I highly, highly recommend getting the OAT destroyer books. There's over hundreds of questions per subject and they are much harder than actual exam questions. If you can conquer the OAT destroyer, then you will score really high on the actual exam. The great thing about the destroyer is that the answer key will provide detailed info on why the right answer is right, and why the other choices are wrong. The answer key alone could be a textbook of its own; it was one of my best studying resources. Good luck!
Thanks so much, i'll definitely look into that. Where did you buy it from?

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks!
I scored a 370AA and I personally thought OATBooster was the best all around resource. The 7 full length tests were legit, I had very similar questions appear on my real OAT as the practice tests (especially for the sciences). If you use Booster, be sure to go over the last few practice tests in the individual sections a few times (tests #6-10), those were VERY high yield.

Chad's is good too but it's definitely not enough by itself. It's lacking a lot of things from my experience and the questions aren't representative.

Reactions: 1 users
I scored a 370AA and I personally thought OATBooster was the best all around resource. The 7 full length tests were legit, I had very similar questions appear on my real OAT as the practice tests (especially for the sciences). If you use Booster, be sure to go over the last few practice tests in the individual sections a few times (tests #6-10), those were VERY high yield.

Chad's is good too but it's definitely not enough by itself. It's lacking a lot of things from my experience and the questions aren't representative.
Congrats on your score and I'll consider getting booster thanks so much!!!