What job is best for undergrad PreDents?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPeezy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First and foremost, great site. Been reading it for a week or so now.

I was wondering, what is the best job to have, (not volunteer work, a paid position,) while trying to gain the valuable experience needed for the admissions into a good Dental Program? And how would you go about getting that type of job?

Thanks a ton! I think this question and the answers will help fellow newbies like myself!

Members don't see this ad.

You need a job that pays american dollars. Cause it costs a jit load of those to get to dec 1.
Honestly, I never had a dental job. Being a lab tech would be very beneficial though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that way your stuff will never get lost and it will actually get mailed out. Plus you could sabotage all the good apps.

hahaha. that could always be an option. i better look into that.

but on a serious note, Lab Tech seems like a very good job to have before Dental School. How would one go about getting this sort of job? Just go apply at a lab in my area? It seems from what I quickly researched, you dont need a Degree or anything. But wouldn't you have to be licensed to do that sort of work?

Maybe ask around your college. Look for researchers there that need help. Most other lab tech jobs require at least an associates and a few years experience or a BA/BS degree. Most you dont need cert for. If you need animal cert, most will provide you with that if they are willing to take you on. Good luck.

You need a job that pays american dollars. Cause it costs a jit load of those to get to dec 1.
Honestly, I never had a dental job. Being a lab tech would be very beneficial though.

Try to get a job working at AADSAS. When you apply, enter whatever you want for your scores.

/thread

These men are visionaries.

get a job as Valet. Park cars at a country club and you're bound to meet some very successful people that are always willing to talk about things (the nice ones)

What's the easiest job to get in order to earn experience hours for my EC?
Something related to the field or similar.

Thanks guys!

lab techs go to school for a while i think. get a job for 6 an hour as a dental assistant. sucky pay, but you will absorb a lot. I worked a work study job in my schools o chem lab/biochem lab. That was good easy money.

lab techs go to school for a while i think. get a job for 6 an hour as a dental assistant. sucky pay, but you will absorb a lot. I worked a work study job in my schools o chem lab/biochem lab. That was good easy money.

Hey thanks for the reply! In order to get a dental assistant job I should just go up and talk with my local dentist perhaps and give him my resume? Usually when I go in their office, there are a ton of employees running around, hopefully they have a position available.