What kind of career plan are you pursuing? This is mine!(:

lovepink896

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently a senior at my high school in Stillwater, Oklahoma( Class of 2014 ) My desire is becoming a pharmacist. :) I am also enrolled in a technology center. This year I will be doing pharmacy tech at this place. ( Also called Meridian ) So I will be going to high school for half the day then meridian. And when I am done with Meridian I will have my pharmacy tech license. After I graduate high school I will be attending a two year pre-pharmacy program which will be at Oklahoma State University. Once I am done with that I will be applying to a four year pharmacy in Weatherford, Oklahoma. I was wondering if this plan sounds good? Also if their is any suggestions will be helpful to my plan of study that will help me out a lot. I am eager to become a pharmacist. I know it will be a long journey, but I am willing to do the hard work. Their is nothing else I invision myself doing. Thank you for the comments :) I'm a newbie! Anyways thank you!

Anyways... What plans are you wanting to do after highschool? I love hearing about people wanting to be in the medical field! It's awesome!
ANYWAYS PLEASE REPLY!!!:) Thanks! Arigatou!!!! ~

I would really really like a reply!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello, I am currently a senior at my high school in Stillwater, Oklahoma( Class of 2014 ) My desire is becoming a pharmacist. :) I am also enrolled in a vocational school. This year I will be doing pharmacy tech at this vocational school. ( Also called Meridian ) So I will be going to high school for half the day then meridian. And when I am done with Meridian I will have my pharmacy tech license. ( Which btw these classes are free ) After I graduate high school I will be attending a two year pre-pharmacy program which will be at Oklahoma State University. Once I am done with that I will be applying to a four year pharmacy in Weatherford, Oklahoma. I was wondering if this plan sounds good? Also if their is any suggestions will be helpful to my plan of study that will help me out a lot. I am eager to become a pharmacist. I know it will be a long journey, but I am willing to do the hard work. Their is nothing else I invision myself doing. Thank you for the comments :) I'm a newbie! Anyways thank you!

Anyways... What plans are you wanting to do after highschool? I love hearing about people wanting to be in the medical field! It's awesome!

That is pretty cool! Best of luck on your journey! Sounds like you are ready to tackle whatever comes your way.

I want to study Biochem as pre-med and then apply to Med school and see where life takes me from there.

Wow that's pretty cool!:) Best the luck of you too! What schools do you plan on applying too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that's pretty cool!:) Best the luck of you too! What schools do you plan on applying too?
I applied to ASU (arizona) today! That's the only school I am applying to! Sounds scary but check out the acceptance rate, and since I am in state and exceed the requirements, its no big deal! Ill be applying to Barrett (honors college) at ASU once they process my regular application!

Ahh! Well, I hope you get in!:) haha wow. Tell me once you get your letter!

Thanks!:) And will do! Btw, CLASS OF 2014 FTW!

What type of training/school do you have to do to get a Pharm Tech license?

Well.. I guess all you would have to do is find a school in your area or your pick of choice that offers pharmacy tech. Usually they can be a featured at vocational schools or maybe some universities. At my school my class is 600 hours
These are the concepts I will be learning with the amount of hours:
• Core Medical Terminology 45
• Anatomy and Physiology 120
• Core Healthcare Provider CPR and First Aid 15
• Orientation to the Pharmacy Technician Career 15
• Pharmacy Law and Ethics 15
• Pharmaceutical Compounding 45
• Sterile Products 45
• Pharmacology for PhT 75
• Pharmacological Calculations 60
• Hospital and Long Term Care Pharmacy Operations 15
• Retail Pharmacy Operations 30
• Pharmaceutical Terminology 15
• Professional Skills in the Pharmacy 15
• Pharmacy Technician Certification Preparation 30
• Pharmacy Technician Internship 60

Sorry if this wasn't to helpful. Haha also the classes are usually 18 weeks.

Well.. I guess all you would have to do is find a school in your area or your pick of choice that offers pharmacy tech. Usually they can be a featured at vocational schools or maybe some universities. At my school my class is 600 hours
These are the concepts I will be learning with the amount of hours:
• Core Medical Terminology 45
• Anatomy and Physiology 120
• Core Healthcare Provider CPR and First Aid 15
• Orientation to the Pharmacy Technician Career 15
• Pharmacy Law and Ethics 15
• Pharmaceutical Compounding 45
• Sterile Products 45
• Pharmacology for PhT 75
• Pharmacological Calculations 60
• Hospital and Long Term Care Pharmacy Operations 15
• Retail Pharmacy Operations 30
• Pharmaceutical Terminology 15
• Professional Skills in the Pharmacy 15
• Pharmacy Technician Certification Preparation 30
• Pharmacy Technician Internship 60

Sorry if this wasn't to helpful. Haha also the classes are usually 18 weeks.
Ah I see, I was looking at things (jobs) I can do during Pre-med that would teach me new things and look good in a way, PhT actually made my list! ER Scribe and research is first tho ;)

Haha yeah well goood luck to you!!!!:) It is really nice talking to someone who is also interested into the medical field. I know it sounds weird, but it makes me happyy:) What made you want to get into medical school?

That's a tall order. Just work hard and you should achieve them.

Haha yeah well goood luck to you!!!!:) It is really nice talking to someone who is also interested into the medical field. I know it sounds weird, but it makes me happyy:) What made you want to get into medical school?
I'd say my interest in science in general and how we can use all of that to save lives. I'd also say a large chunk of my motivation comes from when I shadowed a general surgeon and he actually would teach me things and let me go into surgeries with him! That's been motivating ever since!

Hello, I am currently a senior at my high school in Stillwater, Oklahoma( Class of 2014 ) My desire is becoming a pharmacist. :) I am also enrolled in a technology center. This year I will be doing pharmacy tech at this place. ( Also called Meridian ) So I will be going to high school for half the day then meridian. And when I am done with Meridian I will have my pharmacy tech license. After I graduate high school I will be attending a two year pre-pharmacy program which will be at Oklahoma State University. Once I am done with that I will be applying to a four year pharmacy in Weatherford, Oklahoma. I was wondering if this plan sounds good? Also if their is any suggestions will be helpful to my plan of study that will help me out a lot. I am eager to become a pharmacist. I know it will be a long journey, but I am willing to do the hard work. Their is nothing else I invision myself doing. Thank you for the comments :) I'm a newbie! Anyways thank you!

Wow, it sounds like a big thing about what you're planning. I wish you the best, and never give up on your goal.

As far for my plans, those are: enrolling university to study Medicine. Here the path is not the same as in US (College/Med school). It is an 8 year study plan, and it's pretty hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I just graduated, headed to college in like 2 1/2 weeks.. So scared/excited :laugh: but i am undecided, but i will be doing pre-med. Right now I want to be a surgeon, but idk how it'll end. But yeah, Good luck to you :)

Welp, hello :) and it's awesome that you're so dedicated and know for sure that pharmacy is what you want to do. I remember when I was on the pharmacy train and then I lost interest lol. If I get into USciences, my major will be pharmacology/toxicology.

Not like most people, my dream was to become a lawyer at age four-- not becoming a veterinarian lol. I decided I wanted to go in the field during the summer of my freshman year. Now a senior, this is something I really grown to love. At this point, my main goal is to get in some undergraduate college and hopefully get into vet school. I haven't really thought of residencies yet, but vet. pathology or theriogenology seem really cool.

Wow, it sounds like a big thing about what you're planning. I wish you the best, and never give up on your goal.

As far for my plans, those are: enrolling university to study Medicine. Here the path is not the same as in US (College/Med school). It is an 8 year study plan, and it's pretty hard.[/QUOTE

Aw well thanks! I wish you the best too! Wow 8 years is a long time :) That's cool that you are going to a medical school. I heard that medical school is really challenging but i guess if you're really motivated you can do anything you put your mind too

Haha that's awesome! I bet you'll love it! What university are you going too?!

wow thats awesome :D What schools do you plan on applying too?

sorry i don't really want to say. These SDN girls might be stalking me :cool:

Ohhh okay o_O well I was trying to stalk you. Sorry :3 I just like hearing from people that are interested in the medical field!

ASU

That's where I am applying ;)

Last edited:
Original Poster: I haven't seen you on the forum before. Are you new? I haven't been on in a few weeks and I like to familiarize myself with everyone on HSDN. :D

Anyway, I'm a senior in high school as well. I plan on graduating a semester early. During that period between graduation and college freshmen year, I plan on doing a lot of work at my local Hospital to show that I wasn't graduating early just to be lazy.Not sure what College I want to go to, but I have my favorites. (Come on UNC-Chapel Hill!:xf:)

Not sure what I want to major in. Thinking something between Public Health and Programming. I wasn't thinking to much about a science career since they don't really affect your med school app so much.

That's all i have so far :p

Hopefully going to the Virginia Military Institute or a state school on an Army ROTC scholarship, majoring in something Biology-related (Pre-med). Then I'll have to decide between being an officer in the Army or going to med school.... I'm glad I don't have to worry about it yet though :thumbup:

Wow some good work there, congrats!

I'm attending the University of Tampa on August 21st! I'm going to be studying Pre-Medicine (Biology) as my major. I've always been interested in Radiology since i was exposed to it from a family friend in middle school. I wish you luck on your endeavors and were all a community on here!

I have a friend that wants to be a radiologist; radiology in general is pretty cool.

To Soloman, Yes I am new haha :) I'm a complete noob! Thank you for writing on this thread! And thats cool :) Best luck to you

Wow you guys thats all so cool :D! It's nice hearing from others about their career plan. Best of luck to all! If you would like to tell any stories or give me an update on your studies I would love to hear it!:) Haha

I'm interested in Sports MEdicine (Orthopedic Surgery, probably) or Psychiatry.

Wow you guys thats all so cool :D! It's nice hearing from others about their career plan. Best of luck to all! If you would like to tell any stories or give me an update on your studies I would love to hear it!:) Haha

I've got a story ;) I'll try to be brief.

Googled "best jobs" with money as a major priority (I come from a complicated background and would always be calculating my future debts and whatnot).

Was committed to pharmacy (I had recently experienced addiction and was interested in drugs like meth) until I realized I didn't want to be associated with the pharmaceutical industry and to be standing and doing uneventful work (in my eyes).

As someone who looked terrible and had extreme social anxiety, worried about the interview part.

Three/four years ago, came across dentistry and then oral + maxillofacial surgery.

Then chatted online with my biological father for the first time and realized that I could attend some of the cheapest dental schools by asking him to claim me and then moving to his state of residence (for college and then dental school).

Continued to piss off teachers in high school and ride the city bus to my community colleges... eventually obtained money to invest in my personal hygiene, got less awkward, and only applied to one school knowing that I would profit the most rather than get in debt by attending there (which coincidentally is located near the dental school I want to go to.. which is where my awesomest, kid-less aunt lives too).

So yea, I'll be applying to this dental school in May as well as move in with my really fun aunt and her husband next year :D

They've got so many great friends and relatives (at least at the birthday party I went to), so I feel like I've finally gained wealth and a caring family.

I've been dreaming about these moments ever since I was nine years old! :love:

Fun fact - my Vietnamese first name is "Hau," and someone told me "to have hau" means "to be a happy ending" (it's also a boy's name LOL which is cool because I'm pretty much a guy).

Sorry if this story came off as arrogant. I just really like it :)

Wow that's a great story!:) Haha . I wish the best for you

I either want to be a psychiatrist or psychologist. I just don't know which yet because if I go to med school and I decide I don't want to be a psychiatrist, then I will have no other options because nothing else interests me in the medical field. I think being a psychologist is more doable for me because I get to pick out of so many other specialties. I could be a clinical, sports or etc psychologist.

Wow that's a great story!:) Haha . I wish the best for you

There is a quote tool implemented on the forums, you should try it.
Solomon likes you.
Understand anonymity because it's very important.

my-work-here-is-done.jpg

There is a quote tool implemented on the forums, you should try it.
Solomon likes you.
Understand anonymity because it's very important.

my-work-here-is-done.jpg
Oh I figured out how to do it sorry I am a noob :D

They should make a noob badge.......

Ayeeeeeee, just kidding ;)

^ lol that's pretty funny. It took me like 10 minutes ;)

You know I kid ;) We all were once noobs too so its okay! Tbh, even I am not that good with multiquoting!

You know I kid ;) We all were once noobs too so its okay! Tbh, even I am not that good with multiquoting!
Haha you're better than me xD I bet all my responses at the beginning of my thread look super confusing

lol it's not so bad. You'll learn the little cool things about SDN soon enough :D

Original Poster: I haven't seen you on the forum before. Are you new? I haven't been on in a few weeks and I like to familiarize myself with everyone on HSDN. :D

Anyway, I'm a senior in high school as well. I plan on graduating a semester early. During that period between graduation and college freshmen year, I plan on doing a lot of work at my local Hospital to show that I wasn't graduating early just to be lazy.Not sure what College I want to go to, but I have my favorites. (Come on UNC-Chapel Hill!:xf:)

Not sure what I want to major in. Thinking something between Public Health and Programming. I wasn't thinking to much about a science career since they don't really affect your med school app so much.

That's all i have so far :p
Yeah I'm a senior too and I am also graduating a semester early.. but I'll still be in pharmacy tech at my technology center! So I'm going to apply for Oklahoma state in about a month so I can take a couple classes in the spring to get a little bit of my pre requisites done. I'll probably take Freshman Orientation just to get that over with.. and maybe microbiology I am not quite sure yet.
Oklahoma State also requires taking a placement test in Math so I might not place to high on that.. but I don't think it really matters it'll just recommend what level I should start out with for my math class. :D

I'll be going into senior year next year, taking a short day with 5 classes. (all APs) Then I'll go to a 4 year school; I think I will major in Economics while taking premed+predent reqs. I don't want to major in a hard science because of the lack of backup job prospects and there's no advantage on acceptance. My top schools are Georgetown and Miami, but Georgetown is a reach so I'll likely go to Miami. I'll also apply to Maryland, Virginia, Boston College, NYU, USC, and some safeties. Miami has a medical scholar's program, which I will try very hard to get accepted into — it gives guaranteed medical school acceptance if you score a 30 on the MCAT with 3.7 gpa and opportunities for volunteering, shadowing, and research.

Hopefully in college I can decide whether I want to be a dentist or a doctor. If I decide on dentistry, I'll be interested in the military scholarships since dental school is so expensive. If I decide to be a doctor, my family will pay and I'll go straight to practice after residency. It's too forward to think about specialties, but Plastic Surgery and Oral/Maxillofacial surgery intrigue me.

Last edited: