what kind of volunteering?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nokia stuff

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what kind of volunteering/work people do while at the hospital while being a premed. I looked at my local hospitals but since they are all connected, they all have the same volunteering list of being a greeter, working in the cafeteria etc. and I sure don't want to do that. I do not include shadowing into volunteering.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering what kind of volunteering/work people do while at the hospital while being a premed. I looked at my local hospitals but since they are all connected, they all have the same volunteering list of being a greeter, working in the cafeteria etc. and I sure don't want to do that. I do not include shadowing into volunteering.
Hospital near me does something called VIPS or volunteers improving patient satisfaction. We do basically everything you don't need to be certified to do, and you're able to interact with patients quite a bit.

There are a variety of positions. I'm volunteering in the emergency dept. I know that there are positions in the nursing unit as well.