What md schools should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jester4321

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Already applying to many do schools. I am a borderline applicant with 508 mcat spring 2016, 3.5 cumulative gpa univ of virginia(science gpa is higher), medical experience in 2 labs, medical sales, hospice administration.

Members don't see this ad.

Where is your state of residence? Do you have any shadowing or clinical volunteering hours?
Thank you for the response. I'm from Ohio, have about 45 shadowing hours and lots of clinical hours don't remember exactly

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to all your Ohio schools (except Case) as that is where your chances are highest. You could also add OOS schools such as:
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Vermont
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
Medical College Wisconsin
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin

I suggest:

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

NYMC

Creighton

Albany

Rosy Franklin

Drexel

Temple

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

MCW

St. Louis U

WVU

Jefferson

Tulane

Loyola

U Miami

Wake Forest

EVMS

VCU

Netter

Oakland-B

Western MI

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program, starting with OHCOM, MUCOM, LECOM, PCOM, MSUCOM and CCOM

ALL OH schools except Case.

Already applying to many do schools. I am a borderline applicant with 508 mcat spring 2016, 3.5 cumulative gpa univ of virginia(science gpa is higher), medical experience in 2 labs, medical sales, hospice administration.

I suggest:
Thank you for the help!

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

NYMC

Creighton

Albany

Rosy Franklin

Drexel

Temple

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

MCW

St. Louis U

WVU

Jefferson

Tulane

Loyola

U Miami

Wake Forest

EVMS

VCU

Netter

Oakland-B

Western MI

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program, starting with OHCOM, MUCOM, LECOM, PCOM, MSUCOM and CCOM

ALL OH schools except Case.

Apply to all your Ohio schools (except Case) as that is where your chances are highest. You could also add OOS schools such as:
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Vermont
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
Medical College Wisconsin
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Thank you for the help!