What other experience (in my specific case) should I get for med school/can't scribe?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supsh17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I wanted to be a scribe and have gotten a few offers but either don't hear back or my schedule doesn't work out. I know it's a great experience and but what other things I could to strengthen my app if I can't scribe?

I might be guilty of seeing it as a make-or-break experience which I know it's not, but I'm worried if I don't do it, I won't have done enough...

I am looking to apply DO this cycle

Volunteer:
-Free health clinic testing people's blood sugar levels
-Intern at Hopkins helping with Statistical analyses (research) 50+
-volunteer at a hospital (Casework with patients; offering them help with applying for insurance and govt benefits for overall 40+
-Undergrad research, my own project doing statistical analyses again and poster-presentation presenting to other students/faculty

Work:
-Taking vitals, making appointments, doing Medicare paperwork and charting patients with private practice doctor (like 6 months off and on)

I need to shadow, but what else could I do for more experience? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Aside from scribing, I don't really see any other experiences that would benefit you greatly. You've got it all pretty much down, aside from more direct clinical experiences under physicians (aka scribing, shadowing).

Reactions: 1 user