what PDA should i buy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sadeqq

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I find myself going into clinic next week and everyone tells me i need a PDA or palmpilot... any reccomendations for which one i should buy for use in clinic? probably just gonna use it for patients and a few programs with drugs etc. money isnt really an issue, i just want something that's really good.

any help or info is appreciated. thanks. :D

Members don't see this ad.

sadeqq said:
So I find myself going into clinic next week and everyone tells me i need a PDA or palmpilot... any reccomendations for which one i should buy for use in clinic? probably just gonna use it for patients and a few programs with drugs etc. money isnt really an issue, i just want something that's really good.

any help or info is appreciated. thanks. :D

BUMP.

Good post, I was wondering about getting a PDA myself after hearing some raves about them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still thinking about x50v by Dell... and at the same time have to decide if I need a PDA at all for the school

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Buy the Treo 650 (cingular, sprint and soon with verizon), its a pda, phone, mp3 player, etc. no need to carry around 2-3 devices!

jiffbedgerson said:
Buy the Treo 650 (cingular, sprint and soon with verizon), its a pda, phone, mp3 player, etc. no need to carry around 2-3 devices!

Treo 650 is the best!

oh yeah, i forgot to say, it has a camera, camcorder, keyboard, voice recorder, internet, i'm like frikin' salesman here :laugh: , maybe i should give up my spot at temple and work for verizon!

treo 650 > sidekick?

I'm lookign to get an omni device and is basically deciding between the above.

except the treo 650 sucks as a phone. I think it's the worst cell phone i've ever had.

Hey PM me if anyone is interested in a PDA. I bought one from Sony. It is a CLIE N-760. Has a 8mb internal memory and an external memory slot. Color screen, MP3 player with headphones that have mute and volume as well as stylus. I have never used it but bought every accessories including leather carrying case (made specifically for it) and a 8mb, as well as, 32mb memory stick. I also have a 128 mb stick that can hold 30+ songs or 9 powerpoint lectures or 55 5mag pixals pictures that can be displayed on the PDA.

I'm willing to sell dirt cheap and can take pics with my digital camera to show you condition. I have all original box, papers, instructions (CD), even the packing it came in lol. Let me know. This PDA will suffice for anything and everything you'd want or need in one.

jiffbedgerson, you definitely sound like one :) but thanks for the input.

Treo 650 is an option, but I’ve read reviews and looks like lots of people bejatching about its phone capabilities such as sound and some other minor things. So, CJWolf, you've got one? Why does it suck?

Another thing I'm not happy about treo is its OS. I'd rather go with mw2005.

i went from PPC to Treo650, and I'm VERY pleased. Would recommend it to anyone.

CJWolf said:
except the treo 650 sucks as a phone. I think it's the worst cell phone i've ever had.

Mine drops calls randomly, it seems to decide for me when i'm through talking to someone. I don't like the speaker on it, it's nowhere near as good as any motorola unit i've had. And the menu is just a maze to get anywhere, it's just not that organized for the most part.

Granted I just wanted it because i thought it looked pretty cool, but i haven't really been that satisfied with it. It's features don't really justify the added bulk.

Treo 650!!!!!! I have the Treo 600 and LOVE it, best purchase I've ever made! Instead of having to remember my keys, badge, wallet, lunch, backpack, audio recorder (for lectures), mp3 player (for labs), flashcards (for the way to & from school), phone, and PDA - why not have an mp3 player, phone, recorder, flashcards, and PDA in one? I do all of those functions with my Treo 600 and more. It really is my laptop substitute. I keep word files, powerpoint lectures and more at my fingertips, and can easily bust it out to type notes (with added keyboard). My laptop is so heavy, and desk space so limited, that my Treo is perfect. It ROCKS my world, tells me where I need to be, and what I need to know!

Also, haven't checked it out, but the new LifeDrive Mobile Manager seems really cool http://www.palmone.com/us/products/mobilemanagers/lifedrive/?cid=20050518_LifeDrive