What Q's present to an MCAT tutor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kskii

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for some insight from current/past MCAT tutors I would much appreciate. I recently took the 2015 exam and hit 85 percentile which I believe just enough constitutes me to become a tutor. I'm going to try to work privately before I apply to TPR and Kaplan. I know what premed questions will mostly present to me. But because I have yet to tutor for the MCAT, for those who already do it, what specific information do premed students usually come looking for?

Thank you,

Side Note: If interested. I got the 85 percentile after switching majors six months before the MCAT from architecture. I did all the classes through open courseware, I'm just now taking the classes (Post MCAT), but I know all the material quite well. Just the verbal reasoning brought me down (70th percentile). My story is here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...asses-in-only-6-months.1151879/#post-16728795

Members don't see this ad.

You should probably look at Wyzant to get an idea of what the private market draws in terms of pricing. Some of our former students have gone that way and I have yet to hear anything egregious. Staying private gives you the freedom to work from many different resources. Best of all, the tutee will get to pay a little less and you will make a little more.

Actually I'm on there already with an account I set up two days ago! Thank you though, Wyzant seems to be the way to go.