What Residency You Must Get To Become a Hair Transplant Surgeon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confused 20

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does Anyone know What Residency You Must Get To Become a Hair Transplant Surgeon?

Members don't see this ad.

Whatever residency you want. Then do a fellowship with a group that trains hair transplant surgeons.

Yes, I have looked into it. If health care gets gutted, I'm not going to be without a chair when the music stops.

Whatever residency you want. Then do a fellowship with a group that trains hair transplant surgeons.

Yes, I have looked into it. If health care gets gutted, I'm not going to be without a chair when the music stops.

Many physicians are willing to move into elective procedures should health care go kaput. That will boost the supply so high the $$$ will go kaput there too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hair transplant surgery?? WTF. never heard of this, how the hell do you transplant hair? I guess I should go google this. :D

Hair transplant surgery?? WTF. never heard of this, how the hell do you transplant hair? I guess I should go google this. :D

You actually transplant the follicles - the hair falls out (and then, hopefully, new hair grows in). I just saw the episode of Jon & Kate + 8 where Jon has it done (it's pretty graphic and awesome). The pain afterwords though is enough to make me cut my hair short and bald gracefully - they had to pull a lot of staples out of his head...

You actually transplant the follicles - the hair falls out (and then, hopefully, new hair grows in). I just saw the episode of Jon & Kate + 8 where Jon has it done (it's pretty graphic and awesome). The pain afterwords though is enough to make me cut my hair short and bald gracefully - they had to pull a lot of staples out of his head...

AH okay that makes more sense. Good thing I have a full head of hair and I keep mine short too, easier to manage.

Yeah it was also part of the plot of "Deuce Bigalow, Male Gigolo"... which is especially funny considering Jon Gosselin has become quite the man-***** himself recently...

These would be your type of patients...are you really ok with that?

78565_1224614921207_500_280.jpg

Well... considering that barbers to half the job... I'd start looking on your local Main Street. :p:laugh:

But seriously, if you're still premed I'd focus on getting into med school first.

I think it would be Plastic Surgery. I remember they did a hair transplantation on Nip/Tuck once.

It's derm. Hair grows from the dermis.