What school can I get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpitFiR3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a Junior in Bio major with many prereq out the way. I'm taking some of the uppder division class such as verterbrate anatomy to test myself and better prepare for pharm school. I have a 3.2GPA cumulative. I do better in my prereq then my breadth class. So what are my choices for CA school? I only see western as my only gateway. Also, do pharm schools look at the grade you take the second time or the first? Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

it is hard to say because in the past a 3.2 to 3.3 GPA was around the average for being accepted into most pharmacy schools. Things have changed and the number of applications have increased. It is very competitive. I recommend trying to get a job as a pharmacy tech part time or get a little bit of work experience in the field. That will turn you into a good candidate. If you are concerned about the money, I just wouldn't apply to the top ten ranked schools. Also, you really want to get good grades in your chemistry and math courses as those are what is looked at the most.

Awesome. GOod thing i good at both and suck at all the other science. Also, I have several class that im not happy with my grade, should I retake it? Does the pharm admission consider that new grade? Thank you

I'm sure that they will take into account both grades. They will see that you had trouble in one class, but if you can pull off an A or A- upon retaking it that will show that it could have been a fluke that you did not do well the first time. It will certainly make you more competitive if you get a good grade.