What schools are considered as part of the NYC titans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

based_tuskenraider

Reaction score
The only ones I could think of are Columbia, Sinai, Cornell, and Albert Einstein. Are there any that I'm forgetting?

Members don't see this ad.

You're forgetting Nightwing, assuming he stays in Gotham. But he prefers to teach teens, so nontrads are probably out of luck.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
NYC rankings (imo)

Columbia
NYU

Cornell
Icahn

Einstein

Stony brook
Downstate

CUNY

Touro

I would consider Columbia, Cornell and NYU in the same league. Sinai and AE are close by.

Reactions: 1 user
I would consider Columbia, Cornell and NYU in the same league. Sinai and AE are close by.
Einstein is quite a distance away from the rest (typically around 40). Columbia Cornell NYU Sinai (all T20s) are definitely the 4 big ones.

Einstein is quite a distance away from the rest (typically around 40). Columbia Cornell NYU Sinai (all T20s) are definitely the 4 big ones.
Are you talking about USNWR rankings? Nobody in Medicine takes those seriously except status-obsessed pre-meds and medical school Deans.

Hopefully you're to taking about distance, given that Einstein is int he Bronx, which is right next door to Manhattan!

Are you talking about USNWR rankings? Nobody in Medicine takes those seriously except status-obsessed pre-meds and medical school Deans.

Hopefully you're to taking about distance, given that Einstein is int he Bronx, which is right next door to Manhattan!
I meant USNWR when I was talking about #40, but even outside of USNWR I've never heard einstein mentioned as a top NY school. I work with a lot of doctors who ask me all the time about NY IIs, and their focus has solely been on the 4 I mentioned. Einstein is seen a good/great school, but more in league with UVA/Boston level than top (T20). Unless we just have different definitions of top.

Columbia, Cornell, Einstein, NYU, Sinai are the great programs in NY. Whichever you consider better will probably be based on the doctors/students you met that attended/rotated/worked with people who went to one or another. The "prestige" traditionally has been associated with the research of that school. All schools are excellent in that regard

I meant USNWR when I was talking about #40, but even outside of USNWR I've never heard einstein mentioned as a top NY school. I work with a lot of doctors who ask me all the time about NY IIs, and their focus has solely been on the 4 I mentioned. Einstein is seen a good/great school, but more in league with UVA/Boston level than top (T20). Unless we just have different definitions of top.
You don't. @Goro never passes up an opportunity to poop on the USNWR rankings, but he mentioned above that he coined the term, and the schools only include the same 4 you are referring to! (See post #4 above.) :cool:

Reactions: 1 user