What schools do i have a good shot at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwatz81

Reaction score
My GPA is 3.72 and my science GPA is 3.74. I just took the DAT yesterday and i got 22 AA, 21 TS, 20 BIO, 22 CHEM, 21 OCHEM, 25 RC, 23 QR, 19 PA. I have applied to Michigan, Detroit mercy, UCLA, Penn, UNC, indiana, Case Western, Louisville, NYU, ATSU, and Midwestern. Which of these schools do you think i have a good shot at getting accepted to?

Members don't see this ad.

My GPA is 3.72 and my science GPA is 3.74. I just took the DAT yesterday and i got 22 AA, 21 TS, 20 BIO, 22 CHEM, 21 OCHEM, 25 RC, 23 QR, 19 PA. I have applied to Michigan, Detroit mercy, UCLA, Penn, UNC, indiana, Case Western, Louisville, NYU, ATSU, and Midwestern. Which of these schools do you think i have a good shot at getting accepted to?

depends on what you consider a "good" shot
you have a shot at getting several interviews from your list, depending on your ECs, LOR, and PS
then it is up to you to do well on your interview

Reactions: 1 user
It's late in the cycle already, and your scores won't be verified for another 2-3 weeks, putting you at the end of August/early Sept. Of your list, I'd count UCLA and UNC out. The rest you have a better shot at getting interviews from. Then, as mac said, it's up to you to turn that interview into an acceptance.

It's late in the cycle already, and your scores won't be verified for another 2-3 weeks, putting you at the end of August/early Sept. Of your list, I'd count UCLA and UNC out. The rest you have a better shot at getting interviews from. Then, as mac said, it's up to you to turn that interview into an acceptance.
Just wanted to give an update of where I’m at. I interviewed at ATSU and UDM already and I haven’t been sent an interview request or rejection from any other school yet. I anticipate getting a couple more post December requests but udm and atsu are my top 2 choices so I’ll be happy even if I don’t get anymore interviews.