What should I aim for on my second DAT attempt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kcakezzz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there! So I took the DAT back in January and my scores were as follows PAT:17, QR:18, RC:18, BIO:15, GC: 17, OC:13, TS:15, AA:16. (It's bad, I know). My GPA is currently a 3.38 but after this semester it will be a 3.44 (not great, but not terrible). I have 200+ shadowing hours plus I volunteer on a regular basis at my town's local volunteer dental clinic. I am also involved in multiple clubs and volunteer opportunities in my community. I am looking to apply to GHSU, UAB, UCO, UFL, LECOM, UKY, UNC, MUSC, Meharry, CWRU, OSU, VCU, and WVU. What do you think I should aim for on my DAT this next time around? I am planning on re-taking it in June which is when I will be applying to schools. Also, what schools do you think I have a shot at out of my list, if I raise my DAT score? Any input it appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

PAT: 19-20
QR: 19-20
RC: 19-20

As for the sciences you don't want to get any of them less than 18 and preferably this time around with more studying and such you should aim for around 20. As your scores are now, you'd have a very tough time getting any sort of interviews mainly because the Bio and Ochem are below cutoffs in most places.

If you raise your DAT score significantly you have a great shot at all of those. Meharry is a HSB so unless you are URM it is going to be an uphill struggle.

EDIT: By the way, You don't NEED 19s and 20s on every section, but if you can pull it off it will show to any college that the first time was just bad luck or not your best showing.

Last edited:
I say just shoot for as high as you can get lol. Study really hard, and take it again and hopefully you get a score you are happy with. Really, that's all there is to it lol :thumbup: