What should I consider when picking a location to take the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mandis

Reaction score
What criteria should I use to determine where I will take the DAT? I may be misinformed, but I heard that different testing centers have different rules, as in some let you erase your whiteboard and others do not, some have extremely laggy computers that add a dangerous amount of time to your exam and others do not, etc.
How should I go about researching each testing center's quality according to whatever criteria you suggest?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you taking the DAT soon? If so, it's important to make sure that your testing center is well-equipped with everything necessary for a successful test. Be sure to contact them directly and enquire about white boards and computers - laggy PCs can be reported immediately if they are hindering performance on exam day. The ADA also allows retakes of the DAT in case any technical issues arise during your original session! Also consider doing a trial run at your testing center for added assurance; this will help familiarize yourself with computer you'll use beforehand. For information about the test drive offered at the testing centers, follow the link attached below – best of luck!
Nancy, co/owner|Destroyers

Are you taking the DAT soon? If so, it's important to make sure that your testing center is well-equipped with everything necessary for a successful test. Be sure to contact them directly and enquire about white boards and computers - laggy PCs can be reported immediately if they are hindering performance on exam day. The ADA also allows retakes of the DAT in case any technical issues arise during your original session! Also consider doing a trial run at your testing center for added assurance; this will help familiarize yourself with computer you'll use beforehand. For information about the test drive offered at the testing centers, follow the link attached below – best of luck!
Nancy, co/owner|Destroyers

Hi there, thanks for linking this. If I call these test centers, how should I be asking them about the white boards and computers? Should I basically just call each center and ask what I asked here? I'm afraid the different centers might each have their own interpretation of what constitutes "lag," which some people say can be as much as 5 seconds switching between questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there, thanks for linking this. If I call these test centers, how should I be asking them about the white boards and computers? Should I basically just call each center and ask what I asked here? I'm afraid the different centers might each have their own interpretation of what constitutes "lag," which some people say can be as much as 5 seconds switching between questi

Taking the DAT should be stress free, so pick a location that is convenient for you. I do HIGHLY recommend the test drive to calm nerves plus when you arrive to take your test drive, use get to use the computer and ask any questions needed about potential technical issues such as lagging computers and other concerns

If anything does occur during your acutal DAT test then it's important to communicate immediately with the proctor so accurate documentation of this issue can be produced in order to obtain an additional retake if necessary. Rest assured though; these situations are rare occurrences.

Now get back on track and finish preparing - good luck! Nancy

Taking the DAT should be stress free, so pick a location that is convenient for you. I do HIGHLY recommend the test drive to calm nerves plus when you arrive to take your test drive, use get to use the computer and ask any questions needed about potential technical issues such as lagging computers and other concerns

If anything does occur during your acutal DAT test then it's important to communicate immediately with the proctor so accurate documentation of this issue can be produced in order to obtain an additional retake if necessary. Rest assured though; these situations are rare occurrences.

Now get back on track and finish preparing - good luck! Nancy
Good to hear. Thanks so much for all of your advice, and I will definitely look into doing a test drive.

Reactions: 1 user