What should I do for my gap year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicalPrep

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently graduated from college and am looking for a job that will make me a better pre-med applicant. I have a degree in psychology and I don't know which job I should look for as a pre-med student. I am not really interested in research assistant, I would rather gain more direct clinical experiences such as ER tech, EMT CNA. I know these are my great options but I was just wondering if there is any other jobs similar to this. Any suggestion?

Thanks guys,

Members don't see this ad.

anything that could put you in new zealand for 6 months. seriously though, do whatever interests you most and just keep some time available for the other portions of you app. you could easily find a clinical position that would give you time for ~8 hours a week in a small lab at your university or whatever. though you might not like it, a lot of government labs have options available for 1 year students doing bridge work. not exactly lowly grunt lab work and would definitely look good if you are apply to schools focused on research