what should I do? life issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mass

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am about to complete mds, i am at dharwad at the moment, how do i get a licenece to work in the US or UK. I would be happy if someone can give me this info. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am about to complete mds, i am at dharwad at the moment, how do i get a licenece to work in the US or UK. I would be happy if someone can give me this info. thanks.

:confused: Life issue? Dude u have a MDS :rolleyes:
Anyways, even if have a MDS from India, you will have to go like other ppl do, clear your National Boards and apply for schools(as for a license in US u sure need a valid degree accr, by the state board licensure), or if you want to go for a specialization in your field of interest.......same thing, give your boards and apply for a MS specaility program

And it is not a life issue, unless some body is dying:scared:

The link above given by herodontist is the best way to start, along with this wonderful site(SDN) where if you look through, you will get answers to ALL the questions that you have:laugh:

Good Luck, and hope your "life issue" is resolved quickly:laugh:

No hard feelings:love:

Ct

Members don't see this ad :)
How hard is it to get a place in us dental school after coming from india, also how hard is the iqe?

How hard is it to get a place in us dental school after coming from india, also how hard is the iqe?

You have bene a member since september 2006. If I were you I would have researched this site before asking any basic questions. Since people have been nice to you so far, let me be nice to you too. Look around a little bit before asking any questions. There is a search button on the top right corner of this website. Type in the word of your choice and SEARCH!:)

You have bene a member since september 2006. If I were you I would have researched this site before asking any basic questions. Since people have been nice to you so far, let me be nice to you too. Look around a little bit before asking any questions. There is a search button on the top right corner of this website. Type in the word of your choice and SEARCH!:)

Good reply, I think I was a bit:smuggrin: ......he he

hi mass,
iqe is the exam for UK not for US..........so are you inquiring abt US or UK?
well I can tell you abt US, it is indeed hard, to start answering your question as it is very competitve, high scores, good resume and work exp help to get in a US dental school.you can start by visiting the link provided by another sdn member on this thread, and read it very carefully, then in the last page you will find websites to individual schools, browse them and you shal see particular requirements of all dental school advanced standing programs which are 2-3 years.to practise in US you have to either do the 2-3 years advanced standing DDS, which helps you practise in any state,or do a residency (1-3yrs) which helps you practise in a few states.or some other options of worknig as a faculty or research are there , but you have to look out for it.
to begin with anything, you must take NBDE part 1, and score as high as you can. take TOEFL, get your dental school transcripts evaluated by ECE and then start applying to schools .
this site is a wonderful gift to every international dentist, coz all of us start like you, use the SEARCH option and get answers to all your qs and benefit from other people's interview experiences and their suggestions posted on this site.also keep writing here and let us know how you progress on this path.GOOD LUCK

search1hg9.jpg

sorry guys, thanks for your kind help, bascially i want to work in the UK, i know you have to do iqe but ive not found anyones experiences yet!:)

IQE is a 3 part series exam. You will need to Google General Dental Council (UK) and check their website. Or you could check the British Dental Association and they will spell out how to receive vocational training in the UK if you are from outside EU. Basically, there are so many dentists from the Indian sub-continent who wants to make a better life elsewhere, so there will be a tremendous competition.

IQE is a 3 part series exam. You will need to Google General Dental Council (UK) and check their website. Or you could check the British Dental Association and they will spell out how to receive vocational training in the UK if you are from outside EU. Basically, there are so many dentists from the Indian sub-continent who wants to make a better life elsewhere, so there will be a tremendous competition.

Thank you for that information. Are you from india?

Members don't see this ad :)
:) funny thread!!!!

hahahaha..............................:laugh:

hahahaha..............................:laugh:
I :love:this thread
friends,lets make this thread funny,
when anybody is bored plz do post some jokes here so that ...........there are no more LIFE ISSUES:scared:.

any1 new plz read the thread frm 1st post onward u will understand what its all abt:laugh::laugh::smuggrin::eek:
:sleep::thumbup::thumbup:

I :love:this thread
friends,lets make this thread funny,

i think no one is intersted posting here,however i want this thread alive.so
here is the joke of the day:

Wife:Do you want dinner?
Husband:sure,what are my choices?
Wife:yes or no.

some men join army coz they are single n they like war:smuggrin:,
other men join army coz they are married n they like peace.:)

My dear pal I did my BDS from bangalore
I will explain the whole movie in few words
UK- waste of time and money coz most of the positions in NHS(govt hospitals) are filled and many of them are in waiting list
US- opportunities are good but very hectic(big pain in butt)
No matter whether u do BDS/MDS/Phd they wont recognize our degrees here
you can not directly apply for DDS here- you hv to clear ur NBDE part1 with very competitive score,interview,Money atleast 1,50,000 USD and it takes atleast 1 yr for the entire procedure.above that u have to take some other program like MS/MPH to enter US,hv to struggle for visa- if you can bear 3-4 yrs and money for DDS make ur plan to US or else waste of time,money and energy
best of luck

UK- waste of time and money coz most of the positions in NHS(govt hospitals) are filled and many of them are in waiting list
you can not directly apply for DDS here- you hv to clear ur NBDE part1 with very competitive score,interview,Money atleast 1,50,000 USD and it takes atleast 1 yr for the entire procedure.above that u have to take some other program like MS/MPH to enter US,hv to struggle for visa- if you can bear 3-4 yrs and money for DDS make ur plan to US or else waste of time,money and energy
best of luck

So?? what is your question precisely:confused:

man: what's wrong with me?
doc.:Nothing.you r just lazy.
man:oops:kay,now tell me the medical term,so that i can tell my wife:sleep:

**** off with ur pathetic issues. Which idiot said lets turn this into a joke thread:mad: . It is a life issue so unlness you can give advice f off.

best of luck

why wont they recoginse it?:confused:

Hi our BDS is not recognized in US........... so to practice dentistry here we have to do either 2/3 yrs of DDS then u will get dental license here.That is the procedure. But why they dont recognize our degree is I dont know.
Actually your question is not specific thats why I am not able to explain u clearly......
Pls provide with specific questions like
where u want to practice-US/UK/IND
I can provide you with info US
ru interested in clinical practice or teaching/research etc
If u ask like " I am going to finish my program and what i should do next" no one will give you exact answer
happy day
YETI

**** off with ur pathetic issues. Which idiot said lets turn this into a joke thread:mad: . It is a life issue so unlness you can give advice f off.

What is life issue to you.I feel Shahrukh in KAL HO NA HO had a life issue.Do you have anything like that.My friend you are in an international website save some pride to india and don't make other people think that you are so desperate to come out of your own country and comparing that to a life issue.Your UK chances are nil becas they are going to kick out all non european doctors out of uk.So your best bet is US but are you going to spend another 2 or 3 years for acquiring DDS degree and by spending almost 70-80 lakh rupees.Think logically.First thing is Do u have a visa to any of the countries.First work out on them and then post a thread on this website.

U R DOING MDS???.............And U have life issues.
Did u ever think about the billion people in the world who dnt even get the basic needs of life-food ,cloth & roof.
very funny life issue:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

2ndly u asked abt. how to b a dentist in USA??
Okay,good question but not for a dentist who is doing MDS & is a member of SDN since SEPT 2006 with more than 30 posts!!!
Its as dumb a question as -What we need to take a shower???-water obiously not milk.

3rd-u asked why our degree is not recognized ?....Another stupid question. However i ll answer for this:
Every country has sum rules.A medical student cant practice dentistry.So we people have to do DDS here in USA(including americans)...and for that we must clear NBDE-1 & in some univ. NBDE-2 also.

Ok friend feel free to ask questions:laugh::idea::p

come on now, both of you.......

mass, we all are here to help each other, but the way you have put up the thread is confusing...what may be a life issue for you, might not be intresting to others..... so realx, look around the forum, and you will get answer to your questions.
what else, though I love your replies:p , its annoying for mass....

Lets all be courteous and polite :luck: PEACE.........

Ct

Status
Not open for further replies.