what should i do to be a pre-med in USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hanane Mg

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there
am a high school student here in Algeria and i wanna move to US for medical studies

what are the steps should i do ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello there
am a high school student here in Algeria and i wanna move to US for medical studies

what are the steps should i do ?

Its very difficult, because if you aren't a green card holder or citizen when you apply to medical school they will require only extremely outstanding grades, you will be at a big disadvantage many schools won't even consider you.

Also the time you spent as a pre-med doesn't make you a citizen or green card holder.

If you still want to try you need to get into a university in the US after writing the SAT and possibly SAT IIs. Then after getting in you would take a pre-med track and take a lot of biology, orgo chem, chemistry courses. If you score a very high GPA and score very high on your MCAT then you can apply to the US medical schools. Otherwise you graduate with a Bachelors and have 1 year before you are kicked out of the US.