What should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harry1990h

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a senior in university and have overall gpa: 3.5 and science gpa: 3.4
I'm about to graduate and scared that my gpa is really bad for dental schools! I need advises of things I should do and how is my gpa look. The only thing I want to do is being a dentist and I don't want to lose that goal in my life. Please help me with your comments! Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I'm about to graduate and scared that my gpa is really bad for dental schools! I need advises of things I should do and how is my gpa look. The only thing I want to do is being a dentist and I don't want to lose that goal in my life. Please help me with your comments! Thank you
No, don't be. Your GPAs are fine!

Did you take the DAT again? DAT scores, extracurriculars and shadowing all also play a role

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd focus on studying for the DAT now - especially the RC section. Your grammar astounds me.

Reactions: 1 users
Bro you got better stats then some of my friends and they got in. you'll be fine.

Hello everyone,

your gpa is just fine, its just around the average so dont freak out!
Do really good on your DAT aim for nothing less than a 20 ....and get some meaningful shadowing and volunteerin in, your volunteering and extracurriculars will make you stand out so chose something that really inerests you and means something to you, especially non-medical/dental related

Thank you everyone. I'm taking a year break and planning on taking the DAT at the coming fall. I will also start volunteering starting this summer.