What should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamfish

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've applied this year pretty late (sent in my DAT score on Jan.) My GPA is not very good (3.0/3.2)..but DAT score is OK (20/21)

Up to yesterady, I'm officially on the alternate list for three schools: SUNY Buffalo, Creighton, and SIU. Of the three, I like UB's environmnet the best. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I'm thingking now maybe I should starting preparing the application for next year?

...the wait is forever...what should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes your app. is late. I'm not here to sugar coat the obvious. Anyway Creighton is having some problems right now and should be avoided. Your best bet is to see who willl give you an interview and go with it----if not apply early for next year!
Good luck
R.R.B.

thanx, Dr 2b..
I realize that there's nothing I can do now but wait patiently, perhaps call the schools occasionally.. I just really want to start school already... one more question, do you think my DAT score is good enough? I'm thinking maybe I should take it again.. There's always room for improvement!! am I just wasting my time?

Members don't see this ad :)
What problems is Creighton having? Accreditation??

[This message has been edited by mechengr (edited 03-04-2001).]

mechengr

Yes, I heard Creighton was having problems with accreditation last year...something to do with their perio program, but I guess they rectified that since they're still graduating and licensing students.

If you're interested in attending Creighton, the best thing to do is call and talk to the dean or someone in the office of adm and ask them a few questions...they aren't doing interviews, so they should have some time to answer your concerns. It's tough to attend a school without even visiting it...yet, it's even worse without speaking to anyone who attends there. Try asking for some emails or phone numbers of students who go there if you want the pros and the cons.

good luck!

First off this is extremely weird---I posted many days ago but it didn't register until 3/04/01. I was out of town this weekend and didn't log-on to SDN. Strange?

Anyway---I'm from the midwest and yes the perio. training has been less than stellar at Creighton. For $20,000+ you should be entitled to the best training. Have they fixed the problem? No clue. But why take the chance----unless you can talk to the dean---but remember they are in sales and want your money as much as you want admission!!!!

You DAT's are good---borderline great---so don't waste your time or money taking them again. Unfortunately you are a victim of a late appl.----your gpa is borderline but your DAT says you can hang with the best-----so if all else fails prepare to apply again Jun. 1 and become a dentist one year later than expected.

R.R.B

[This message has been edited by Dr.2b (edited 03-05-2001).]