What should my academic reference letter say if I am applying to Carribean schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apollo18

Reaction score
For most carribean schools it seems like you need 2 references letters. I got one already from a volunteering director and she seemed very hapyp to be able to write one for me and i am sure she did a good job as i told her to outline how she got to know me, my personal qualities and character, and how and why she thinks i would be a good candidate for medical school. i called around to a few carribean medical schools and the people i spoke to didnt really give me much info regarding reference letters they were kinda bland but after reading around and speaking to some more it seems like those points are the most important.
so now for my academic reference letter, what do i tell my professor to write about? just the same three things? i didnt ace his class i probably did average or a bit over average but the reason i chose him is that we got closer over the year and i felt like his letter would be more indepth compared to other professors.

also the reason i included "for carribean schools" is because theres where i am going and maybe there is some qualities that carribean schools look for more in the reference letter so thought i would ask..

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Well academic letter should probably be more academic speaking to how you learned, what you learned, how you got through challenges like going to office hours etc.

I don't think Caribbean schools vs. non-Caribbean should matter as much. Even in the end I don't think letters matter as much for Caribbean schools.

College professors write like a million med school rec letters just tell them to do the same thing they normally do and in all honesty even the big 3 could give AF about them, they just need them to check off that you have it. I was given acceptances before even having submitted my academic letter since my professor was taking a bit of time to write it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for rhe reply. so is this good enough to tell him
"outline how she got to know me, my personal qualities and character, and how and why she thinks i would be a good candidate for medical school, and anything else that you think will strengthen my recommendation letter or anything more that you usually include"

thanks for rhe reply. so is this good enough to tell him
"outline how she got to know me, my personal qualities and character, and how and why she thinks i would be a good candidate for medical school, and anything else that you think will strengthen my recommendation letter or anything more that you usually include"
Or you could send them the link...

Reactions: 1 users