What supplemental materials? Secondary applications?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
X

xxxTheDonxxx

For the supplemental stuff...I remember I sent out for penn and unlv. I also sent out the money and pictures to all the schools that want it up front. Do you remember doing any other supplemental materials for any other schools? Everyone is complaining about supplemental materials, but it didn't take me that much time to do, so i was wondering if I am missing something.
Also what's the difference between supplemental and secondary applications? if you already sent supplemental stuff and money with photos to those schools already, does that mean you don't have to do secondary applications for them? Anybody wants to help me clearing this mess up? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

xxxTheDonxxx said:
For the supplemental stuff...I remember I sent out for penn and unlv. I also sent out the money and pictures to all the schools that want it up front. Do you remember doing any other supplemental materials for any other schools? Everyone is complaining about supplemental materials, but it didn't take me that much time to do, so i was wondering if I am missing something.
Also what's the difference between supplemental and secondary applications? if you already sent supplemental stuff and money with photos to those schools already, does that mean you don't have to do secondary applications for them? Anybody wants to help me clearing this mess up? Thanks

I don't know for sure, but it seems like the term "secondary application" is mostly a term tossed around by kids applying to med school. It is literally a second application after you make the first cut. But there might be a d-school that uses the same term. Someone set me straight here.

Supplemental applications totally vary. Some just want your money. Some schools require you to fill out their "application" which seems more like a worksheet to work at the gap in addition to the money. Others are more serious--mostly public schools. They often require essays detailing research and a confession of your undying love for the poor. And be aware of these ones because the essay prompt is usually on the school website, NOT sent to you in the mail. This was the case when I applied to UCSF, UCLA and OSU. But usually schools just want a photo ID, your $$$ and a sheet of paper indicating you are yourself. Hope this helps. When in doubt call the admissions offices under a different name like...Gene Simmons or Michael Corleone. Can you imagine? That is reason enough to call... :)

Gulch said:
Michael Corleone. Can you imagine? That is reason enough to call... :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I was going to go with that name...it fits with "thedon"

Members don't see this ad :)
yes. Don Corleone has a nice ring to it....I don't think you'll be disappointed with the results.

xxxTheDonxxx said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I was going to go with that name...it fits with "thedon"

exactly. or vito andolini. Don Vito works too.