What the _____ is wrong with people?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is a reminder to everyone that hate speech or racially charged remarks, as well as personal attacks, are both violations of the SDN Terms of Service and will not be tolerated. Let's please try to get this thread back on track and get to being civil with one another.

Members don't see this ad.

Coming in on the tail end. So that's why that person's account is on hold, possibly will be banned.

All I can do is sigh and say that I happen to be African American and know of several other African Americans, Latinos, Creoles, Giches, etc... that take excellent care of their animals and do spectacular work in supporting animals in need. I don't mention my future colleagues in this statement, because I have yet to meet that many of them.
I believe abuse, be it animal or human, is more of a cultural/ socioeconomic issue than a blanket race issue.

What saddens me more is that opheracco did not think of the race of the other members of this forum or the consequences to their actions before lumping an entire group into their tirade.

Last edited:
Man. I dredged the thread back up as a happy reminder that occasionally things work out for the better..... wow do I ever regret it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I deleted some posts and edited some others. I tried to leave everything constructive. In the future, if a post is deleted by a mod, please do not quote it or edit it to remove that quote. Thanks for the understanding, guys. Sorry that this has taken the better part of a day to deal with.

I deleted some posts and edited some others. I tried to leave everything constructive. In the future, if a post is deleted by a mod, please do not quote it or edit it to remove that quote. Thanks for the understanding, guys. Sorry that this has taken the better part of a day to deal with.

I really feel bad for dredging the thread back up. Obviously I didn't take it the direction it went, and it's not really my fault, but I still feel vaguely culpable somehow.

So anyway..... my apologies to the forum and, specifically, to the mods for having to deal with what obviously is an ugly headache.

I really feel bad for dredging the thread back up. Obviously I didn't take it the direction it went, and it's not really my fault, but I still feel vaguely culpable somehow.

So anyway..... my apologies to the forum and, specifically, to the mods for having to deal with what obviously is an ugly headache.

I wouldn't feel responsible if I were you. I was also recently wondering about this dog's fate.

Not your fault, I could have been more prudent. I'm glad to see Patrick is doing well.

Chill, LIS. I know I certainly don't blame you. I had forgotton about Patrick, and I loved to see the update. :)

Okay, to continue the original intent of the thread: yes, he is doing great. I have met him (am doing my internship at the practice) and he looks awesome and is very sweet. :)

Yay for happy endings!