What to do after taking the DAT to make sure scores get sent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diene

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Is there anything that we have to do after taking the DAT? I selected the schools when I signed up for the DAT. I am not sure if I have to do anything at this point?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! Is there anything that we have to do after taking the DAT? I selected the schools when I signed up for the DAT. I am not sure if I have to do anything at this point?
Thanks!

You will be fine, there is nothing at this point that you need to do. Your DAT score will get to the schools.

Good luck!

You will be fine, there is nothing at this point that you need to do. Your DAT score will get to the schools.

Good luck!

Thanks! If I want to send my scores to more schools, how do i do that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! If I want to send my scores to more schools, how do i do that?
You should not have to do anything. ADA will send your scores to AADSAS and it will upload into your application. So, ANY school you have applied too through AADSAS they will receive your DAT score. I think this is fairly new feature (for a few years?) and I believe way back when you would have to send your DAT to each additional school that you did not select prior to taking the DAT.

You should not have to do anything. ADA will send your scores to AADSAS and it will upload into your application. So, ANY school you have applied too through AADSAS they will receive your DAT score. I think this is fairly new feature (for a few years?) and I believe way back when you would have to send your DAT to each additional school that you did not select prior to taking the DAT.

I see..so what is the point of choosing schools when you sign up for the DAT? Any school that receives your application will receive the scores, even if you didn't select them when you signed up for the DAT?

I see..so what is the point of choosing schools when you sign up for the DAT? Any school that receives your application will receive the scores, even if you didn't select them when you signed up for the DAT?

They'll only go to the schools you selected when you registered for the DAT. If you applied to some other schools, you need to tell the ADA that you want scores available to those schools too.

They'll only go to the schools you selected when you registered for the DAT. If you applied to some other schools, you need to tell the ADA that you want scores available to those schools too.
When I registered last cycle I had schools that received my DAT that I had not selected when I set up my test. I called ADA (this cycle) and they also said you only need to select at least one school. That way ADA will upload it into AADSAS application and from there it will subsequently get sent out to all the schools you selected in your AADSAS application.

You can also call ADA and ask them about this.

When I re-took my DAT (6/4/2012) I selected all the schools as I wanted to play it safe and the fee would not have changed no matter how many ds I selected while registering for the DAT